dell aio 940 printer

Rick Wolfe

dell aio 940 printer
I am having trouble installing the scan program of this all-in-one printer on my Windows Vista. I was redirected here for help but don't seem to be able to find a related topic. Has anyone installed this type of printer on Vista? I recognizes the printer but not the scan aspect.

--
Rick Wolfe

DL

Re: dell aio 940 printer
Have you obtained the vista drivers for your unit from Dell?

Did you then install this unit as per Dell's instructions, which often
require you to install the printer software prior to connecting the unit

"Rick Wolfe" <bustour@telus.net> wrote in message
I am having trouble installing the scan program of this all-in-one printer
on my Windows Vista. I was redirected here for help but don't seem to be
able to find a related topic. Has anyone installed this type of printer on
Vista? I recognizes the printer but not the scan aspect.

--
Rick Wolfe

Rick Wolfe

Re: dell aio 940 printer
Yes I did install the new drivers. The printer is visible and works but the
scan section is totally missing. The program opens and allows for printing
and copying but there is no button to scan. When this printer was loaded on
XP all options were available not so with Vista.

--
Rick Wolfe

Curious

Re: dell aio 940 printer
How old is your printer?
Are you sure that there is software available with Vista to support the Scan
function?

> Yes I did install the new drivers. The printer is visible and works but
> the scan section is totally missing. The program opens and allows for
> printing and copying but there is no button to scan. When this printer was
> loaded on XP all options were available not so with Vista.
>

> --
> Rick Wolfe

Ray Luca

Re: dell aio 940 printer
"Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote:

>How old is your printer?

It was reviewed by CNET in March of 2003.

The OP is an idiot.

>Are you sure that there is software available with Vista to support the Scan
>function?
>
>"Rick Wolfe" <bustour@telus.net> wrote in message
>> Yes I did install the new drivers. The printer is visible and works but
>> the scan section is totally missing. The program opens and allows for
>> printing and copying but there is no button to scan. When this printer was
>> loaded on XP all options were available not so with Vista.
>>

>> --
>> Rick Wolfe

Rick Wolfe

Re: dell aio 940 printer
Your answer leaves me at a loss.

--
Rick Wolfe

Curious

Re: dell aio 940 printer
My neighbor has a 950 printer and there is no scanning software app for it
in Vista like there was in XP so he bought a new HP 4-in-1 network printer
that prints twice as fast for $75.

> Your answer leaves me at a loss.
>
> --
> Rick Wolfe

Jim Moriarty

Re: dell aio 940 printer
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:36:36 -0800, "Rick Wolfe" <bustour@telus.net>
wrote:

>Your answer leaves me at a loss.

I think the message was: your printer/scanner is too old and that
should have been obvious when you couldn't find Vista drivers for it.

Or hadn't you looked?
DL

Re: dell aio 940 printer
Dell supplies Vista drivers for it

"Jim Moriarty" <jmoriarty@aconandoyle.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:36:36 -0800, "Rick Wolfe" <bustour@telus.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Your answer leaves me at a loss.

> I think the message was: your printer/scanner is too old and that
> should have been obvious when you couldn't find Vista drivers for it.
>
> Or hadn't you looked?

Curious

Re: dell aio 940 printer
I assume that Dell would have Vista drivers for the printer but the question
is do they have the driver or application to support the scanner capability
of the unit?