Problem Fomating the PC

nelsonfaria

Problem Fomating the PC

Hi,

I have a BIG Problem. I have the CD of vista and when i try format the
pc it doesnt works. I put the CD, after I restart the pc and it runs
like the CD isnt there. It dont say nathing like: "Press any key", or
something like that. The computer is new. Help pls

--
nelsonfaria
SIW2

Re: Problem Fomating the PC

Hi nelson,

You need to get the pc to boot from the cdrom drive, there is a
tutorial here

'How to Set BIOS to Boot from CDROM - www.hiren.info'
(http://www.hiren.info/pages/bios-boot-cdrom)

Hope it helps SIW2

nelsonfaria;966923 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a BIG Problem. I have the CD of vista and when i try format the
> pc it doesnt works. I put the CD, after I restart the pc and it runs
> like the CD isnt there. It dont say nathing like: "Press any key", or
> something like that. The computer is new. Help pls

--
SIW2
nitinagarwal1988

Re: Problem Fomating the PC
just go to your BIOS setup and then go to boot configuration and then set
CD\DVD rom as 1st booting device there and then save and exit. restart your
pc and it will ask you whether to boot from dvd or not....

"SIW2" wrote:

> Hi nelson,
>
> You need to get the pc to boot from the cdrom drive, there is a
> tutorial here
>
> 'How to Set BIOS to Boot from CDROM - www.hiren.info'
> (http://www.hiren.info/pages/bios-boot-cdrom)
>
> Hope it helps SIW2
>
> nelsonfaria;966923 Wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a BIG Problem. I have the CD of vista and when i try format the
> > pc it doesnt works. I put the CD, after I restart the pc and it runs
> > like the CD isnt there. It dont say nathing like: "Press any key", or
> > something like that. The computer is new. Help pls

> --
> SIW2

Bruce Chambers

Re: Problem Fomating the PC
nelsonfaria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a BIG Problem. I have the CD....

You mean DVD, actually. Vista's installation package is far too big
for a mere CD.

> ... of vista and when i try format the
> pc it doesnt works. I put the CD, after I restart the pc and it runs
> like the CD isnt there. It dont say nathing like: "Press any key", or
> something like that. The computer is new. Help pls

Enter the computer's BIOS (consult the manual to determine how) and set
the optical drive to be the first boot device.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
philo

Re: Problem Fomating the PC

"nelsonfaria" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have a BIG Problem. I have the CD of vista and when i try format the
> pc it doesnt works. I put the CD, after I restart the pc and it runs
> like the CD isnt there. It dont say nathing like: "Press any key", or
> something like that. The computer is new. Help pls

If your machine has a cdrom /burner
it will not work as Vista is on a DVD

John Barnett MVP

Re: Problem Fomating the PC
Your CD/DVD-ROM is probably not set as the first boot option in the BIOS.
See this link from my website:
http://www.winuser.co.uk/windows_xp_...support_i.html

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"nelsonfaria" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have a BIG Problem. I have the CD of vista and when i try format the
> pc it doesnt works. I put the CD, after I restart the pc and it runs
> like the CD isnt there. It dont say nathing like: "Press any key", or
> something like that. The computer is new. Help pls
>

> --
> nelsonfaria

nelsonfaria

Re: Problem Fomating the PC

Tanks for the help mates but it still doesnt working. My english inst
soo good but I try do what you say. check the picture:

I try do what you say. Maybe is something wrong.

|Filename: SDC10299.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10138|

nelsonfaria
John Barnett MVP

Re: Problem Fomating the PC
By the looks of the picture you are enabling your USB CD as the first boot.
Try making number 2: IDE CD: TSSTCorp CDDVDW as your first boot option.