Installing Vista Home Premium 64bit on a newly built computer; question?

Elition

Installing Vista Home Premium 64bit on a newly built computer; question?

Hello,

I looked through the forum tutorials about doing a "clean installation"
on a computer.
However, I don't think that was what I was looking for. It's easier for
me to ask the question:

I'm planning on building my first computer, (technically 3 computers
for 2 family members) .

I need to know if there is a tutorial/someone can assist me in
installing Vista Home Premium 64bit _-*OEM*-_ operating system?

I'm getting the OEM, parts, etc, from newegg. (if I can say this??)
Anyhow, I'm a bit confused on what to do in the bios of my motherboard
for when the first time I boot up my computer and see if it comes to
life.

I realize this isn't a computer tech forum, this is a Vista forum, but
I thought that since my question was Vista related, someone could help
me out?

Thank you,
Elition

--
Elition
philo

Re: Installing Vista Home Premium 64bit on a newly built computer; question?

"Elition" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I looked through the forum tutorials about doing a "clean installation"
> on a computer.
> However, I don't think that was what I was looking for. It's easier for
> me to ask the question:
>
> I'm planning on building my first computer, (technically 3 computers
> for 2 family members) .
>
> I need to know if there is a tutorial/someone can assist me in
> installing Vista Home Premium 64bit _-*OEM*-_ operating system?
>
> I'm getting the OEM, parts, etc, from newegg. (if I can say this??)
> Anyhow, I'm a bit confused on what to do in the bios of my motherboard
> for when the first time I boot up my computer and see if it comes to
> life.
>
> I realize this isn't a computer tech forum, this is a Vista forum, but
> I thought that since my question was Vista related, someone could help
> me out?
>

> Thank you,
> Elition

If you are building your own computer than you are of course going to have
to perform a clean install.

Just set your boot order to boot first from DVD
and second from your harddrive...that's all there is to it

bigjim

Re: Installing Vista Home Premium 64bit on a newly built computer; question?
there are a lot of damn good books at the library. The one I would start
with is 64 vs. 32 bit OS.
Then you should know about drivers for your system. OR if you have a really
good friend
have he or she help you with the build. Putting a computer is pretty simple
according to
people who have never done it. Just read the instructions that come with the
motherboard and
you should be fine.

"Elition" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I looked through the forum tutorials about doing a "clean installation"
> on a computer.
> However, I don't think that was what I was looking for. It's easier for
> me to ask the question:
>
> I'm planning on building my first computer, (technically 3 computers
> for 2 family members) .
>
> I need to know if there is a tutorial/someone can assist me in
> installing Vista Home Premium 64bit _-*OEM*-_ operating system?
>
> I'm getting the OEM, parts, etc, from newegg. (if I can say this??)
> Anyhow, I'm a bit confused on what to do in the bios of my motherboard
> for when the first time I boot up my computer and see if it comes to
> life.
>
> I realize this isn't a computer tech forum, this is a Vista forum, but
> I thought that since my question was Vista related, someone could help
> me out?
>

> Thank you,
> Elition
>

> --
> Elition

Rick Rogers

Re: Installing Vista Home Premium 64bit on a newly built computer; question?
Hi,

95% of the time you need do nothing in the system BIOS, defaults and
autodetection are the norm. The main things you'd want to check are proper
detection of the installed hardware, and the boot order and devices listed.
Generally most set to boot the optical drive first, then the hard drive. You
then merely need to boot the system with the Vista install disk in place and
follow the prompts. It's pretty easy to set up, the hardest part is usually
making sure that you get all the motherboard connector wires right (and on
the activity light wire, if the light stays lit solidly or not at all, then
you have it upside down).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Elition" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I looked through the forum tutorials about doing a "clean installation"
> on a computer.
> However, I don't think that was what I was looking for. It's easier for
> me to ask the question:
>
> I'm planning on building my first computer, (technically 3 computers
> for 2 family members) .
>
> I need to know if there is a tutorial/someone can assist me in
> installing Vista Home Premium 64bit _-*OEM*-_ operating system?
>
> I'm getting the OEM, parts, etc, from newegg. (if I can say this??)
> Anyhow, I'm a bit confused on what to do in the bios of my motherboard
> for when the first time I boot up my computer and see if it comes to
> life.
>
> I realize this isn't a computer tech forum, this is a Vista forum, but
> I thought that since my question was Vista related, someone could help
> me out?
>

> Thank you,
> Elition
>

> --
> Elition

Elition

Re: Installing Vista Home Premium 64bit on a newly built computer; question?

Alright, thanks guys. I didn't know if there was a difference compared
with the clean install because the Tut was most likely talking about
'upgrading' a computer from XP to vista.

But now I know. :geek: Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.

As for updating all the parts in my computer.. how would I go about
doing that?
Go to the manufactors website and see if I can find some drivers or
something?

And I know the difference between 32 / 64 bit OS.

Thank you,
Elition

--
Elition