Computer does nothing after installing Vista

Acidic15

Computer does nothing after installing Vista

Ok here's my problem I installed Vista 64 onto my computer and after it
reboots it goes through bios and then nothing. I get a screen with a
flickering dash - like that.

Now Im thinking it is a HDD issue or driver issue. Bios detects it and
my dvd burner. There both Sata and the HDD is a WD 250gb Sata. After
Bios goes through its check I get no HDD activate the light doesn't
flicker or anything. Now when I boot from the VISTA cd it detects the
drive and also see the installation as well.

Ive also tried installing it another way with my old DVD Rom which is
IDE because I heard if you do a fresh install that it has a hard time
detecting with sata which is the HDD if you have 2 sata connected. Still
the same thing i get the flicker.

Also I did partion and formated the HDD as well. Im waiting for my
friend to bring me the driver disk to install the Mobo drivers and
hopefully that resolves it. Also I would like to add everything was
working fine before I did this I just wanted to to a house cleaning and
wipe my drive. . Bios is also been flashed and up to date.

My comp specs are

A8N32--SLI Deluxe Mobo
4Gb of Ram
WD 250gb HD sata
LG DVD+rw
currently for space issues when I was tinkering with the Mobo I have a
Gforce 6800GS in there but what I usually use is a His Radeon 4870 just
to big to work around with.
-

--
Acidic15
Night Hawk

Re: Computer does nothing after installing Vista

Acidic15;966203 Wrote:
> Ok here's my problem I installed Vista 64 onto my computer and after it
> reboots it goes through bios and then nothing. I get a screen with a
> flickering dash - like that.
>
> Now Im thinking it is a HDD issue or driver issue. Bios detects it and
> my dvd burner. There both Sata and the HDD is a WD 250gb Sata. After
> Bios goes through its check I get no HDD activate the light doesn't
> flicker or anything. Now when I boot from the VISTA cd it detects the
> drive and also see the installation as well.
>
> Ive also tried installing it another way with my old DVD Rom which is
> IDE because I heard if you do a fresh install that it has a hard time
> detecting with sata which is the HDD if you have 2 sata connected. Still
> the same thing i get the flicker.
>
> Also I did partion and formated the HDD as well. Im waiting for my
> friend to bring me the driver disk to install the Mobo drivers and
> hopefully that resolves it. Also I would like to add everything was
> working fine before I did this I just wanted to to a house cleaning and
> wipe my drive. . Bios is also been flashed and up to date.
>
> My comp specs are
>
> A8N32--SLI Deluxe Mobo-
> -4Gb of Ram-
> -WD 250gb HD sata-
> -LG DVD+rw-
> -currently for space issues when I was tinkering with the Mobo I have a
> Gforce 6800GS in there but what I usually use is a His Radeon 4870 just
> to big to work around with. -

When seeing just a flashing dash with a working hard drive on the
machine that generally indicates a non partitioned, non formatted hard
drive is set as the default boot device. If you set a drive even
partitioned and formatted with no mbr entries as the default device the
same will be seen.

Vista doesn't need any driver disk for detecting sata drives like XP
often needed for old boards. The newer version carries it's own generic
sata drivers. The other thing to check however is to see if you left the
optical drive option set as 1st in the boot order set in the bios.
Without a Vista dvd in the drive there's nothing to load.

--
Night Hawk
Acidic15

Re: Computer does nothing after installing Vista

Well I have switched to booting the HDD first and it just stay at the
dashing screen. When I boot from the Optical first it reads the vista cd
and ask to press any key to boot. Then it just takes me back to the
install screen all over again.

--
Acidic15
peter

Re: Computer does nothing after installing Vista
Do a Boot Repair

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Acidic15" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Well I have switched to booting the HDD first and it just stay at the
> dashing screen. When I boot from the Optical first it reads the vista cd
> and ask to press any key to boot. Then it just takes me back to the
> install screen all over again.
>

> --
> Acidic15

semoi

Re: Computer does nothing after installing Vista
The BIOS of the motherboard should give you a message like netldr missing if
it cannot find the OS on the hard drive.
It sounds like the hard drive is not powering up correctly.
The basics: make sure all cables are seated accurately.
Make sure your BIOS settings are all correct with regard to start up choices
and start-up device order.
Many motherboards will give you a choice of devices to boot from if you hold
down a key while booting: check your instructions. If you can see and boot
from your hard drive under those circumstances then something may be off in
your bios.