Errors when sending/receiving mail in windows mail

Charity

Errors when sending/receiving mail in windows mail
I just bought a new computer and used the easy transfer to upload all of my
files. I was so happy to find that I did not have to re-setup all of my
e-mail accounts in windows mail. Unfortunately, I found out very shortly
that there was a glitch in the program.... If I try to hit the "Send/Receive"
button at the top, it does not even try to do anything and automatically
gives me an error screen without an error message. The exact thing happens
when I hit the down arrow and hit "Send and Receive All". It only works when
I hit "Send All" or "Receive All". I called the computer manufac., they said
it was a microsoft issue, I called microsoft, they said I would have to deal
with the manufac. since it was pre-installed. Am I "up a creek" unless I pay
for tech support? I really dont think that is right.

Please, if there is anyone out there who can help, I would really apprecite
it.

Mike Torello

Re: Errors when sending/receiving mail in windows mail
Charity <Charity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just bought a new computer and used the easy transfer to upload all of my
>files. I was so happy to find that I did not have to re-setup all of my
>e-mail accounts in windows mail. Unfortunately, I found out very shortly
>that there was a glitch in the program.... If I try to hit the "Send/Receive"
>button at the top, it does not even try to do anything and automatically
>gives me an error screen without an error message. The exact thing happens
>when I hit the down arrow and hit "Send and Receive All". It only works when
>I hit "Send All" or "Receive All". I called the computer manufac., they said
>it was a microsoft issue, I called microsoft, they said I would have to deal
>with the manufac. since it was pre-installed. Am I "up a creek" unless I pay
>for tech support? I really dont think that is right.
>
>Please, if there is anyone out there who can help, I would really apprecite
>it.

All the Windows Mail experts are here:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

I've crossposted this to that group. Good luck!
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Errors when sending/receiving mail in windows mail
That type of problem is usually caused by interference from a non-
compatible antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Mike Torello" <torellom@chicoplt.com> wrote in message news:t8nan492jgq7kdrung9osn6nkdnhds5i7j@4ax.com...
> Charity <Charity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I just bought a new computer and used the easy transfer to upload all of my
>>files. I was so happy to find that I did not have to re-setup all of my
>>e-mail accounts in windows mail. Unfortunately, I found out very shortly
>>that there was a glitch in the program.... If I try to hit the "Send/Receive"
>>button at the top, it does not even try to do anything and automatically
>>gives me an error screen without an error message. The exact thing happens
>>when I hit the down arrow and hit "Send and Receive All". It only works when
>>I hit "Send All" or "Receive All". I called the computer manufac., they said
>>it was a microsoft issue, I called microsoft, they said I would have to deal
>>with the manufac. since it was pre-installed. Am I "up a creek" unless I pay
>>for tech support? I really dont think that is right.
>>
>>Please, if there is anyone out there who can help, I would really apprecite
>>it.

> All the Windows Mail experts are here:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>
> I've crossposted this to that group. Good luck!

Charity

Re: Errors when sending/receiving mail in windows mail

Gary, thanks for the input, but this has been a problem with and without an
anti-virus program. I tried uninstalling it and it still did not work.
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Errors when sending/receiving mail in windows mail
The only other suggestion I have is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail: