Vista64 Hangs at Boot..

roark

Vista64 Hangs at Boot..

My clean Vista 64 installation freezes on boot-up. I get perhaps one
pass of the good ole 'night rider' bar before that's all she wrote. I
can however boot into Safe Mode fine, which is how I am able to post
this.

After the initial installation Windows did boot normally though with
limited capabilities/drivers as normal. From there I downloaded and
installed the most recent audio/video/chipset/sata drivers for my board
but when rebooting it hung up. I then downloaded the most recent
Windows Updates which went fine until the reboot stage at which time it
hung and thus failed insatllation. I tried removing the Blue Ray drive,
and all but 2GB memory but the same thing still happens.

The RAID controller does have the Vista 64 drivers installed and latest
firmware. It is recognized fine and able to be accessed in safe mode so
it doesn't seem to make sense it would cause issue during a regular
post. That's about the only thing left to remove and i'll try that
shortly. Any help is appriciated. This is my first x64 installation I
was hoping for a little more stability than Vista 32.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-e7EAM nVidia 9400 series
HDD: Western Digital Green 500GB
Memory: G.Skill PC800 2GB module x 4
3Ware 9560SE 4MPL RAID controller w/ 4x Seagate 1TB Drives
BD-ROM: Pioneer

--
roark
mikeyhsd

Re: Vista64 Hangs at Boot..
might use MSCONFIG and selective enabling of items a few at a time to see which one is causing the problem.

disable all startup items, enable a few and boot, repeat till you see which one is causing the problem.

mikeyhsd@lamparty.net