Vista - Power Options

Neil Jones

Vista - Power Options
I am trying to turn off the display after 30 minutes of inactivity. But
nothing seems to be changing. As administrator, it works fine. On
Vista, can a normal user change the Power Options?

NJ
Wim Hekken ;-)

Re: Vista - Power Options
Neil Jones asked the following question in:
> I am trying to turn off the display after 30 minutes of inactivity. But
> nothing seems to be changing. As administrator, it works fine. On
> Vista, can a normal user change the Power Options?
>
> NJ

Are your power settings in your BIOS set to the right values? Read the
manual of the motherboard for the correct settings.
--

Wim Hekken ;-)
Carpe Diem
Neil Jones

Re: Vista - Power Options
Wim Hekken ;-) wrote:
> Neil Jones asked the following question in:
>> I am trying to turn off the display after 30 minutes of inactivity. But
>> nothing seems to be changing. As administrator, it works fine. On
>> Vista, can a normal user change the Power Options?
>>
>> NJ

> Are your power settings in your BIOS set to the right values? Read the
> manual of the motherboard for the correct settings.

I do not know about the BIOS settings, but I know the power settings are
working for the Administrator account but not to the regular user
accounts. Why?

NJ

PS - I never had to deal with the BIOS level setting for power savings.
Ian D

Re: Vista - Power Options

"Neil Jones" <castellan2004-nschap@remove-this.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to turn off the display after 30 minutes of inactivity. But
> nothing seems to be changing. As administrator, it works fine. On
> Vista, can a normal user change the Power Options?
>
> NJ

A normal user can change the display power settings. Power
settings are global, when one user changes them, the change
applies to all users, including administrators. You are clicking
the Save Changes button?

Neil Jones

Re: Vista - Power Options
Ian D wrote:
> "Neil Jones" <castellan2004-nschap@remove-this.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I am trying to turn off the display after 30 minutes of inactivity. But
>> nothing seems to be changing. As administrator, it works fine. On
>> Vista, can a normal user change the Power Options?
>>
>> NJ

> A normal user can change the display power settings. Power
> settings are global, when one user changes them, the change
> applies to all users, including administrators. You are clicking
> the Save Changes button?

Thank you for replying. Yes, I am saving the changes after modifying
the power settings. It is only working for the Administrator. For
regular user accounts the display is left on all the time regardless
what I set it to in the power settings. I am using Vista Ultimate.

Hopefully someone from Microsoft is reading this.

NJ
Neil Jones

Re: Vista - Power Options