vista and new laptop

borgof01

vista and new laptop

Ok so here is my problem. i think my computer has got a virus or
somethin and my antivirus softwere doesnt say there is one but anyway i
got vista home pre 32bit. i was to reformat my hdd and just do a clean
install of vista, however my stupid laptop didnt come with anydisks to
do this with so anythoughts on how to do a clean install of vista if it
matter im running a toshiba qosmio f55-q502 help

--
borgof01
Mick Murphy

RE: vista and new laptop
If no disks with the computer, there should be a Recovery Partition on the HD
for you to put it back to factory standards.

Check in manual for computer, the manufacturer's website, or phone them on
how they do their particular recovery operation.
Also, ask them if they will supply you with Vista recovery disk for a
nominal fee, if you are unable to burn a copy from the Recovery partion.

Or, if you are sure you have an infection, use the programs, and methods,
below to fix your problems:

http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6 is a very good, FREE Anti-Spyware Program.
Download, install, update, and immunize your System with it.
Then SCAN with it.
Update it, and scan your System once a fortnight.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Malwarebytes is as the name says, a Malware Remover!
For the Free version scroll down their page to either download from
Download.com, or Major Geeks.com

Download, install, and update.

Important re: Safe Mode
If you happen to find a problem that you can’t uninstall / delete, reboot
the computer, and go into Safe Mode.
To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode from list of options, then hit ENTER.
RESCAN your computer with your Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and Spybot S & D
while in Safe Mode.

If unable to install above Programs in Normal Mode:
Sometimes Trojans, Viruses, Malware, etc stop you installing and/or updating
Programs to remove them.
If that happens, reboot into Safe Mode with Networking (from F8 list of
Startup Options), and install, update and scan from there.

--
Mad Mike

"borgof01" wrote:

> Ok so here is my problem. i think my computer has got a virus or
> somethin and my antivirus softwere doesnt say there is one but anyway i
> got vista home pre 32bit. i was to reformat my hdd and just do a clean
> install of vista, however my stupid laptop didnt come with anydisks to
> do this with so anythoughts on how to do a clean install of vista if it
> matter im running a toshiba qosmio f55-q502 help
>

> --
> borgof01

John Barnett MVP

Re: vista and new laptop
Check your PC manual. You should have an option to return the PC back to
factory conditions. If you have no disks then you probably have a recovery
partition.

Usually there are two option Non destructive which simply over-writes
everything, and a Destructive option, which formats the drive and
re-installs the operating system. Your manual should give you details of
your options.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"borgof01" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Ok so here is my problem. i think my computer has got a virus or
> somethin and my antivirus softwere doesnt say there is one but anyway i
> got vista home pre 32bit. i was to reformat my hdd and just do a clean
> install of vista, however my stupid laptop didnt come with anydisks to
> do this with so anythoughts on how to do a clean install of vista if it
> matter im running a toshiba qosmio f55-q502 help
>

> --
> borgof01

Bruce Chambers

Re: vista and new laptop
borgof01 wrote:
> Ok so here is my problem. i think my computer has got a virus or
> somethin and my antivirus softwere doesnt say there is one but anyway i
> got vista home pre 32bit. i was to reformat my hdd and just do a clean
> install of vista, however my stupid laptop didnt come with anydisks to
> do this with so anythoughts on how to do a clean install of vista if it
> matter im running a toshiba qosmio f55-q502 help

Formatting the hard drive to solve a virus or spyware problem
(especially when there's not a shred of evidence that there is any such
problem) is rather like using an axe to trim one's fingernails. Sure,
it might the job done, but it's rather time-consuming, and almost always
unnecessary.

However, to answer your question, simply follow the computer
manufacturer's Recovery instructions, as stated in the manual that came
with the computer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: