Windows Failed to start

invisiblebug590

Windows Failed to start

Model of desktop: Acer Aspire M5640
When I start up the computer, the screen showing the Acer and Intel
logo appears for about 30 secs(usually it only appears for about 5
secs). The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the CPU and
moniter do not seem to be working, no matter how many times I press the
connect button on them. Therefore pressing f8 or f12 would not be an
option.

Then, I will be taken to a screen showing an error message similiar to
the following:
WINDOWS FAILED TO START. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY A RECENT HARDWARE
CHANGE. IF POWER WAS INTERRUPTED WHEN WINDOWS WAS SHUTTING DOWN, START
WINDOWS NORMALLY.
Below the error message are two options to start srtaup repair or start
windows normally.
The default choice is to run the startup repair and after 25 seconds
this option is chosen automatically. However, I am brought to a blue
screen, showing only a thread of values similiar (I cannoot remember
very carefully- the last part is probably correct)to:
STOP:00000A-000000B-0000000C
pls help as I need a solution immediately. tks in advance. PS. as
windows vista home premium sp1 32 bit is pre-installed, i don't have the
installation CD.

--
invisiblebug590
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Failed to start
Hi,

Sounds like a hardware failure. You will need to either bring the system to
a qualified technician or contact Asus support if it's under warranty.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org