Setting up new User and msconfig

cthiggin

Setting up new User and msconfig
Hello folks -
I know how to set up another user account and to switch between users.
I want to set up an account stricktly for Flight Sim -
I need to know "IF" on this new "Flight Sim" desktop, can I go into msconfig
and disable programs and processes that I do not want to run - "THEN" , when
I switch back to my other desktop, all of the processes I need to run will be
there.
Thanks in advance,
cthiggin
Sonny Wortzik

Re: Setting up new User and msconfig
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:40:01 -0800, cthiggin
<cthiggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello folks -
>I know how to set up another user account and to switch between users.
>I want to set up an account stricktly for Flight Sim -
>I need to know "IF" on this new "Flight Sim" desktop, can I go into msconfig
>and disable programs and processes that I do not want to run - "THEN" , when
>I switch back to my other desktop, all of the processes I need to run will be
>there.

Here's a novel idea:

W H Y D O N ' T Y O U T R Y I T A N D S E E ? ?
cthiggin

Re: Setting up new User and msconfig
Sonny -
No, it does not work - msconfig stops processes for both accounts.
cthiggin

"Sonny Wortzik" wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:40:01 -0800, cthiggin
> <cthiggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello folks -
> >I know how to set up another user account and to switch between users.
> >I want to set up an account stricktly for Flight Sim -
> >I need to know "IF" on this new "Flight Sim" desktop, can I go into msconfig
> >and disable programs and processes that I do not want to run - "THEN" , when
> >I switch back to my other desktop, all of the processes I need to run will be
> >there.

> Here's a novel idea:
>
> W H Y D O N ' T Y O U T R Y I T A N D S E E ? ?

Walt Thatcher

Re: Setting up new User and msconfig
cthiggin <cthiggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sonny -
>No, it does not work - msconfig stops processes for both accounts.
>cthiggin

Try logging off instead of switching user.

>"Sonny Wortzik" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:40:01 -0800, cthiggin
>> <cthiggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello folks -
>> >I know how to set up another user account and to switch between users.
>> >I want to set up an account stricktly for Flight Sim -
>> >I need to know "IF" on this new "Flight Sim" desktop, can I go into msconfig
>> >and disable programs and processes that I do not want to run - "THEN" , when
>> >I switch back to my other desktop, all of the processes I need to run will be
>> >there.

>> Here's a novel idea:
>>
>> W H Y D O N ' T Y O U T R Y I T A N D S E E ? ?

cthiggin

Re: Setting up new User and msconfig
Walt - same thing happens - regardless of what account - evidently anything
you change in msconfig applies to both users -

"Walt Thatcher" wrote:

> cthiggin <cthiggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Sonny -
> >No, it does not work - msconfig stops processes for both accounts.
> >cthiggin

> Try logging off instead of switching user.
>
> >"Sonny Wortzik" wrote:

> >> Here's a novel idea:
> >>
> >> W H Y D O N ' T Y O U T R Y I T A N D S E E ? ?

Walt Thatcher

Re: Setting up new User and msconfig
cthiggin <cthiggin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Walt - same thing happens - regardless of what account - evidently anything
>you change in msconfig applies to both users -

Thanks for testing it for me ;-)