Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2008
Crazed Weevil
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium

Hi,

I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...

I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
plenty of free space on the hard drives.

Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:

E6850
EVGA 680i
4GB RAM

Help!


--
Crazed Weevil
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
You have an XP 32bit System.
You bought a Vista 64bit upgrade disk.

When you go from 32bit to 64bit, or vica versa, it has to be a Clean Install.

In other words, save your Data, boot from Vista disk(which you do not
have), delete XP partiton, make a new partition, format, install.

And you have not downloaded an ISO file from MS, so you can not make a
bootable disk from it.
--
Mad Mike


"Crazed Weevil" wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
> Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
> an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
> error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
> Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
> anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
> Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
>
> I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
> both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
> through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
> plenty of free space on the hard drives.
>
> Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
>
> E6850
> EVGA 680i
> 4GB RAM
>
> Help!
>
>
> --
> Crazed Weevil
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
Sorry, you bought a 64bit upgrade download, not a Product Key to access that
version on a 64bit disk!
--
Mad Mike


"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You have an XP 32bit System.
> You bought a Vista 64bit upgrade disk.
>
> When you go from 32bit to 64bit, or vica versa, it has to be a Clean Install.
>
> In other words, save your Data, boot from Vista disk(which you do not
> have), delete XP partiton, make a new partition, format, install.
>
> And you have not downloaded an ISO file from MS, so you can not make a
> bootable disk from it.
> --
> Mad Mike
>
>
> "Crazed Weevil" wrote:
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
> > Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
> > an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
> > error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
> > Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
> > anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
> > Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
> >
> > I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
> > both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
> > through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
> > plenty of free space on the hard drives.
> >
> > Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
> >
> > E6850
> > EVGA 680i
> > 4GB RAM
> >
> > Help!
> >
> >
> > --
> > Crazed Weevil
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008
charleswehner@hotmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
On 5 Dez., 23:56, Crazed Weevil <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just bought a copy ofVistaHome Premium 64bit upgrade from the
> Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
> an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
> error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract WindowsVistaSetup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
> anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
> Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
>
> I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
> both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
> through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
> plenty of free space on the hard drives.
>
> Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
>
> E6850
> EVGA 680i
> 4GB RAM
>
> Help!
>
> --
> Crazed Weevil


You are not alone:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/03...vidia-drivers/

Microsoft have gone soft. They have a worldwide monopoly, and so
simply do not care what buggy rubbish they impose upon the
unsuspecting public.

The public are expected to blame themselves.

When you buy, for example, a Mercedes car, you expect quality. That is
because there are BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW and more in Germany alone.
When you add on Renault, Citroen, Fiat and the hordes of quality far-
eastern manufacturers, you realise that Mercedes have to work hard to
stay in the lead.

Not so with Microsoft. There are no real contenders on the horizon.
Unix, Linus? Forget it.

It seems to me that there is a fundamental flaw in the GLOBAL ERROR
HANDLER of Vista.

A bit of history: Once upon an ancient time, there was "Uncle" Clive
Sinclair. He built and marketted the ZX81 (in the States Sinclair-
Timex 100). It had an instruction book, with error codes. It had a
standard return to the error handler. The word "ERROR" was printed,
followed by the contents of the accumulator.

Thus, "ERROR 0" meant no error.
"ERROR 4" meant short of memory. I know it well. It only had one K.

Nowadays, things have not changed. Routines still return to the error
handler with a number in some register. However, the error handler
opens a window. The meaning of the error code is looked up in an error
list, depending on the software you are using, and typeset into that
window.

Things get very confused, however, when we bring in the multitasking.
With a zero (NO error) in the register, the program is heading for the
error handler. It is intercepted by the interrupts. On return, the
registers are corrupt. It signals errors that are not there. It even
tries to CORRECT those non-existent errors, thereby CRASHING the
system.

This is WHOLLY UNACCEPTABLE from a company vastly richer than Mercedes-
Benz.

On the Internet, I get "Web Page currently unavailable". I clear the
box. The page arrives.

At home, with NO INTERNET CONNECTION, when I try to access a
directory, I get "Resource currently unavailable". I clear the box,
and it works.

At home, I try to view an AVI file. This is a Microsoft standard.
Windows Media Viewer says "Format not recognised". I clear the box,
and it TAMPERS WITH THE VIDEO, shrinking it and destroying the
quality.

I try a new scanner-printer. It says "Printer offline". I have checked
everything. It is not the USB cable, on anything like that. It is
VISTA.

Many, many programs crash. It also offers Internet services I do not
want - whilst I am offline. It will not take "No" for an answer. A few
minutes later, it asks again. Not everybody is on the Internet, or
wants to be. These amateurs at Microsoft assume that EVERYBODY is on
line. WRONG.

VISTA is RUBBISH.

Will Microsoft supply a patch other than on the Internet? The Internet
is insecure. Many viruses call themselves "Microsoft Critical Patch".
I don't want Internet on my LAPTOP. I am free of viruses, and staying
that way.

I am sorry I have to deliver such bad news.

Charles Douglas Wehner
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
He bought the WRONG upgrade, you IDIOT!
--
Mad Mike


"charleswehner@hotmail.com" wrote:

> On 5 Dez., 23:56, Crazed Weevil <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just bought a copy ofVistaHome Premium 64bit upgrade from the
> > Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
> > an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
> > error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract WindowsVistaSetup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
> > anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
> > Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
> >
> > I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
> > both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
> > through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
> > plenty of free space on the hard drives.
> >
> > Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
> >
> > E6850
> > EVGA 680i
> > 4GB RAM
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > --
> > Crazed Weevil

>
> You are not alone:
>
> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/03...vidia-drivers/
>
> Microsoft have gone soft. They have a worldwide monopoly, and so
> simply do not care what buggy rubbish they impose upon the
> unsuspecting public.
>
> The public are expected to blame themselves.
>
> When you buy, for example, a Mercedes car, you expect quality. That is
> because there are BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW and more in Germany alone.
> When you add on Renault, Citroen, Fiat and the hordes of quality far-
> eastern manufacturers, you realise that Mercedes have to work hard to
> stay in the lead.
>
> Not so with Microsoft. There are no real contenders on the horizon.
> Unix, Linus? Forget it.
>
> It seems to me that there is a fundamental flaw in the GLOBAL ERROR
> HANDLER of Vista.
>
> A bit of history: Once upon an ancient time, there was "Uncle" Clive
> Sinclair. He built and marketted the ZX81 (in the States Sinclair-
> Timex 100). It had an instruction book, with error codes. It had a
> standard return to the error handler. The word "ERROR" was printed,
> followed by the contents of the accumulator.
>
> Thus, "ERROR 0" meant no error.
> "ERROR 4" meant short of memory. I know it well. It only had one K.
>
> Nowadays, things have not changed. Routines still return to the error
> handler with a number in some register. However, the error handler
> opens a window. The meaning of the error code is looked up in an error
> list, depending on the software you are using, and typeset into that
> window.
>
> Things get very confused, however, when we bring in the multitasking.
> With a zero (NO error) in the register, the program is heading for the
> error handler. It is intercepted by the interrupts. On return, the
> registers are corrupt. It signals errors that are not there. It even
> tries to CORRECT those non-existent errors, thereby CRASHING the
> system.
>
> This is WHOLLY UNACCEPTABLE from a company vastly richer than Mercedes-
> Benz.
>
> On the Internet, I get "Web Page currently unavailable". I clear the
> box. The page arrives.
>
> At home, with NO INTERNET CONNECTION, when I try to access a
> directory, I get "Resource currently unavailable". I clear the box,
> and it works.
>
> At home, I try to view an AVI file. This is a Microsoft standard.
> Windows Media Viewer says "Format not recognised". I clear the box,
> and it TAMPERS WITH THE VIDEO, shrinking it and destroying the
> quality.
>
> I try a new scanner-printer. It says "Printer offline". I have checked
> everything. It is not the USB cable, on anything like that. It is
> VISTA.
>
> Many, many programs crash. It also offers Internet services I do not
> want - whilst I am offline. It will not take "No" for an answer. A few
> minutes later, it asks again. Not everybody is on the Internet, or
> wants to be. These amateurs at Microsoft assume that EVERYBODY is on
> line. WRONG.
>
> VISTA is RUBBISH.
>
> Will Microsoft supply a patch other than on the Internet? The Internet
> is insecure. Many viruses call themselves "Microsoft Critical Patch".
> I don't want Internet on my LAPTOP. I am free of viruses, and staying
> that way.
>
> I am sorry I have to deliver such bad news.
>
> Charles Douglas Wehner
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2008
Curious
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
Why do you say he can not boot and do a clean install from a Vista 64 bit
upgrade DVD?
It sounds like his error was in trying to run the exe file from his 32 bit
OS instead of booting it.
"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1982DCEF-DA33-4152-A09A-F8418A6DE19F@microsoft.com...
> You have an XP 32bit System.
> You bought a Vista 64bit upgrade disk.
>
> When you go from 32bit to 64bit, or vica versa, it has to be a Clean
> Install.
>
> In other words, save your Data, boot from Vista disk(which you do not
> have), delete XP partiton, make a new partition, format, install.
>
> And you have not downloaded an ISO file from MS, so you can not make a
> bootable disk from it.
> --
> Mad Mike
>
>
> "Crazed Weevil" wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
>> Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
>> an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
>> error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
>> Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
>> anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
>> Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
>>
>> I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
>> both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
>> through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
>> plenty of free space on the hard drives.
>>
>> Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
>>
>> E6850
>> EVGA 680i
>> 4GB RAM
>>
>> Help!
>>
>>
>> --
>> Crazed Weevil
>>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
I did NOT say that.
READ the OP's post, and my replies.
He does NOT have a ISO file to burn to DVD.

GOT IT!!!!!!!!

He downloaded the upgrades Files from microsoft, not an ISO file.!
--
Mad Mike


"Curious" wrote:

> Why do you say he can not boot and do a clean install from a Vista 64 bit
> upgrade DVD?
> It sounds like his error was in trying to run the exe file from his 32 bit
> OS instead of booting it.
> "Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1982DCEF-DA33-4152-A09A-F8418A6DE19F@microsoft.com...
> > You have an XP 32bit System.
> > You bought a Vista 64bit upgrade disk.
> >
> > When you go from 32bit to 64bit, or vica versa, it has to be a Clean
> > Install.
> >
> > In other words, save your Data, boot from Vista disk(which you do not
> > have), delete XP partiton, make a new partition, format, install.
> >
> > And you have not downloaded an ISO file from MS, so you can not make a
> > bootable disk from it.
> > --
> > Mad Mike
> >
> >
> > "Crazed Weevil" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
> >> Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
> >> an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
> >> error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
> >> Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
> >> anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
> >> Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
> >>
> >> I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
> >> both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
> >> through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
> >> plenty of free space on the hard drives.
> >>
> >> Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
> >>
> >> E6850
> >> EVGA 680i
> >> 4GB RAM
> >>
> >> Help!
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Crazed Weevil
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2008
charleswehner@hotmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
It seems they are using the same C-code files for 64 bit as for 32,
with few modifications.

So Microsoft have copied their global error handler fault into both
versions.

Charles Douglas Wehner

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2008
Curious
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
He did not say he did not make an ISO disk and since his installation got to
the point of starting to unpack files I thought it possible that he had in
fact made an ISO disk.
And since my 64bit Vista upgrade disk from MS which I assume is an ISO disk
does contain a setup.exe file so the upgrade can be started from a 64BIT OS.
"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:340923CD-D865-4C86-A5BE-D3A085613621@microsoft.com...
>I did NOT say that.
> READ the OP's post, and my replies.
> He does NOT have a ISO file to burn to DVD.
>
> GOT IT!!!!!!!!
>
> He downloaded the upgrades Files from microsoft, not an ISO file.!
> --
> Mad Mike
>
>
> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> Why do you say he can not boot and do a clean install from a Vista 64 bit
>> upgrade DVD?
>> It sounds like his error was in trying to run the exe file from his 32
>> bit
>> OS instead of booting it.
>> "Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1982DCEF-DA33-4152-A09A-F8418A6DE19F@microsoft.com...
>> > You have an XP 32bit System.
>> > You bought a Vista 64bit upgrade disk.
>> >
>> > When you go from 32bit to 64bit, or vica versa, it has to be a Clean
>> > Install.
>> >
>> > In other words, save your Data, boot from Vista disk(which you do not
>> > have), delete XP partiton, make a new partition, format, install.
>> >
>> > And you have not downloaded an ISO file from MS, so you can not make a
>> > bootable disk from it.
>> > --
>> > Mad Mike
>> >
>> >
>> > "Crazed Weevil" wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >> Hi,
>> >>
>> >> I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
>> >> Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make
>> >> me
>> >> an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
>> >> error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
>> >> Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
>> >> anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to
>> >> the
>> >> Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
>> >>
>> >> I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
>> >> both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses
>> >> and
>> >> through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also
>> >> have
>> >> plenty of free space on the hard drives.
>> >>
>> >> Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
>> >>
>> >> E6850
>> >> EVGA 680i
>> >> 4GB RAM
>> >>
>> >> Help!
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Crazed Weevil
>> >>

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Market Place Vista Home Premium
"I've re-downloaded all three files"
"I can't get the thing to even make me
an image to install it"

He can not make an Image disk!!!!!!!

Did you happen to read the above!
--
Mad Mike


"Crazed Weevil" wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> I've just bought a copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit upgrade from the
> Microsoft Windows Marketplace and I can't get the thing to even make me
> an image to install it. When I run the main 'exe' file it gives me an
> error once it starts to unpack all the files 'Cannot extract Windows
> Vista Setup' with a web link to referencing 'WMHFUSEN/102322'. Does
> anyone know what this error code means? The link only leads back to the
> Windows Marketplace and there is no useful information there...
>
> I've re-downloaded all three files that make up the installation disc
> both through the little download manager thing the marketplace uses and
> through IE itself and there doesn't seem to be any corruption. Also have
> plenty of free space on the hard drives.
>
> Currently running on XP Pro 32bit and the following main hardware:
>
> E6850
> EVGA 680i
> 4GB RAM
>
> Help!
>
>
> --
> Crazed Weevil
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Windows Home Server in place of Vista Anthony microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 08-15-2008 00:10
Apple Climbs Into Third Place In U.S. PC Market Steve General Technology News 0 07-17-2008 19:40
Article ID: 931711 Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium et Windows Vista Starter enregistrent des informations d'utilisateur seulement pour la session en cours KBArticles French 0 10-23-2007 20:00
Article ID: 931711 Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium und Windows Vista Starter speichern Benutzer-an-Meldeinformationen nur für die aktuelle Sitzung KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 931711 Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, and Windows Vista Starter save user credentials only for the current session KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120