Installing Groupwise client

JN

Installing Groupwise client
I have problem installing Groupwise client on Windows Wista Business SP1.
Installation ending with error 1904, failed to register module
c:\novell\groupwise\gwatt1.ocx.

I have two same Dell Latitude notebook with same behaviour. I used msconfig
to disable any running application and non Microsoft services, but withou
result.

Thank You for any ideas
JN
Josh Phillips

Re: Installing Groupwise client
does it roll back the install?

have you tried to manually register the ocx?

regsvr32 path\file
--
Thanks,
Josh Phillips

"JN" <JN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1952D76-A125-49A6-9989-6691E14DF733@microsoft.com...
> I have problem installing Groupwise client on Windows Wista Business SP1.
> Installation ending with error 1904, failed to register module
> c:\novell\groupwise\gwatt1.ocx.
>
> I have two same Dell Latitude notebook with same behaviour. I used
> msconfig
> to disable any running application and non Microsoft services, but withou
> result.
>
> Thank You for any ideas
> JN

Bruce Chambers

JN wrote:
> I have problem installing Groupwise client on Windows Wista Business SP1.
> Installation ending with error 1904, failed to register module
> c:\novell\groupwise\gwatt1.ocx.
>
> I have two same Dell Latitude notebook with same behaviour. I used msconfig
> to disable any running application and non Microsoft services, but withou
> result.
>
> Thank You for any ideas
> JN

Not to be facetious, but I'd strongly suggest that you start in the
obvious place:

http://www.novell.com/products/group...s_support.html

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/gwmag/

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
JN

Re: Installing Groupwise client
1.
I cannot cancel installation by click on Cancel button. When I try
restarting PC, I get message that some application are still running. By
canceling restart I get the error message 1904. Than installation is
canceled. If I ignore error message, Groupwise client is installed, but when
I start it, there is a message that it was not installed properly
2.
I haven try to register OCX manually. I will try it.

Thank You

JN