Windows 7 upgrade......

rob davis

Windows 7 upgrade......
would it be worth my time......upgrading to vista before going to windows 7
?....

Is there an upgrade path from vista to windows 7 ?

thanks

rob davis
Malke

Re: Windows 7 upgrade......
rob davis wrote:

> would it be worth my time......upgrading to vista before going to windows
> 7 ?....
>
> Is there an upgrade path from vista to windows 7 ?

You will be able to upgrade from Vista to Win7. But since Win7 is still in
*pre*-beta, only you can decide what you want to do. After all, it will be
at least a year until Win7 is RTM. If you have access to the pre-beta bits,
you might want to play with it in a virtual machine. Certainly you wouldn't
put it on a production machine.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

peter

Re: Windows 7 upgrade......
If I was running XP at the present time (which I am on one machine) I would
not upgrade to
Vista...I would skip Vista and wait for Win 7...which I aim to do.
No sense spending money on a Operating System that will be replaced in about
10 to 14 months.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"rob davis" <robdavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> would it be worth my time......upgrading to vista before going to windows
> 7
> ?....
>
> Is there an upgrade path from vista to windows 7 ?
>
> thanks
>
> rob davis

Mike Brannigan

Re: Windows 7 upgrade......
"rob davis" <robdavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> would it be worth my time......upgrading to vista before going to windows
> 7
> ?....
>
> Is there an upgrade path from vista to windows 7 ?
>
> thanks
>
> rob davis

Yes and more importantly it will allow you to iron out any issues now such
as application or driver compatibility issues on Vista as the current plan
of record is to make Vista drivers and app compat carry forward to Windows
7.
So anyone who stays on XP now will have as big or bigger issue going to
Windows 7 as they would going to Vista, and the Vista users will have a much
easier time going to 7.
--
Mike Brannigan

rob davis