Oh-oh wiped everything out

ebrena

Oh-oh wiped everything out

Hi, I have a uninstall/reinstall issue. I can't bring up anything but
the F2 setup and F12 boot, but it won't boot. I made recovery disks but
they don't do a thing, nothing happens. I originally had Vista Home
Premium but because I wiped everything out I figured I would instal
Windows Vista Ultimate and it gets so far and asks for drivers and other
things I can't figure out. I thought I could just stick the Vista
Ultimate in and it would boot it up, I could do that with XP but-there
ya go. So I don't know what to do. I copied out a step by step Windows
reinstll 2008 Windows Vista Ultimate guide but I can't get there. Also
I press the delete key and the BIOS won't come up. I'm screwed-can
anyone help me-please?

Thx ebrena

--
ebrena
philo

Re: Oh-oh wiped everything out

"ebrena" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I have a uninstall/reinstall issue. I can't bring up anything but
> the F2 setup and F12 boot, but it won't boot. I made recovery disks but
> they don't do a thing, nothing happens. I originally had Vista Home
> Premium but because I wiped everything out I figured I would instal
> Windows Vista Ultimate and it gets so far and asks for drivers and other
> things I can't figure out. I thought I could just stick the Vista
> Ultimate in and it would boot it up, I could do that with XP but-there
> ya go. So I don't know what to do. I copied out a step by step Windows
> reinstll 2008 Windows Vista Ultimate guide but I can't get there. Also
> I press the delete key and the BIOS won't come up. I'm screwed-can
> anyone help me-please?
>
> Thx ebrena

Just set the bios to boot first from dvd

then pop in your Vista DVD...boot up with it and install...

If you cannot access your bios, consult the manual for your machine...
not all machines use the "delete" key

GTS

Re: Oh-oh wiped everything out
F2 setup is the BIOS key.
Your post is confusing. Apparently you are able to boot from a Vista DVD to
install Ultimate and are then asked for drivers? Please explain more
specifically what you're seeing.

This sounds like a Dell. If so, Pressing Ctrl and F11 while Dell is
displayed on boot up may let you run the hidden Dell image reinstallation.
--

"ebrena" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I have a uninstall/reinstall issue. I can't bring up anything but
> the F2 setup and F12 boot, but it won't boot. I made recovery disks but
> they don't do a thing, nothing happens. I originally had Vista Home
> Premium but because I wiped everything out I figured I would instal
> Windows Vista Ultimate and it gets so far and asks for drivers and other
> things I can't figure out. I thought I could just stick the Vista
> Ultimate in and it would boot it up, I could do that with XP but-there
> ya go. So I don't know what to do. I copied out a step by step Windows
> reinstll 2008 Windows Vista Ultimate guide but I can't get there. Also
> I press the delete key and the BIOS won't come up. I'm screwed-can
> anyone help me-please?
>
> Thx ebrena
>

> --
> ebrena

Chad Harris

Re: Oh-oh wiped everything out
Ebrena--

You don't need to add the drivers normally and in your situation. Just
Install Vista by putting in the DVD. You seem to indicate you have a Vista
Ultimate DVD and a PC. There should be no problem installing Vista
Ultimate.

You should get clear instructions from these linnks--just click install or
Next. You only need custom install if you are installing to a different
drive than C:\ on a partitioned machine or you need to add drivers and you
don't.

Vista Installation Screenshots (27 of them)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/freeed/...7594490796701/

Another Set of Vista Install Screenshots (from the Beta but still helpful
and close enough to RTM)

http://sillydog.org/forum/sdt_10091.php

How to Install Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884

How to Install Vista from Microsoft Vista Help

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...5c8171033.mspx

Ignore the add drivers option and just click next or continue at the lower
right of the window you're looking at when you insert the Vista DVD.

Good luck,

CH