vista os on new HP?

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zZQ==?=

vista os on new HP?
We recently bought an HP slime line for our daughter. It said it came with
Vista home premium??
on the cd that came with it it said upgrade anytime. Is that a full os or
do i have to purchase something else?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: vista os on new HP?
It's likely you have Vista Home Premium installed and the Anytime
Update CD can be used to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, if you so desire
to purchase the upgrade.

Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...41b981033.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> It's likely you have Vista Home Premium installed and the Anytime
> Update CD can be used to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, if you so desire
> to purchase the upgrade.
>
> Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...41b981033.mspx
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----
>
> "rose" wrote:
>
> We recently bought an HP slime line for our daughter. It said it came with
> Vista home premium??
> on the cd that came with it it said upgrade anytime. Is that a full os or
> do i have to purchase something else?

So that cd is also the full os if it needs to be reinstalled? I keep
reading about activation keys and having to call up microsoft to get another
key.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zZQ==?=

Re: vista os on new HP?
by the way thank you for the timely answer.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> It's likely you have Vista Home Premium installed and the Anytime
> Update CD can be used to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, if you so desire
> to purchase the upgrade.
>
> Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...41b981033.mspx
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----
>
> "rose" wrote:
>
> We recently bought an HP slime line for our daughter. It said it came with
> Vista home premium??
> on the cd that came with it it said upgrade anytime. Is that a full os or
> do i have to purchase something else?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: vista os on new HP?
Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows Vista
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...me=c008147 31

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP