windows vista incompatble; blue screen of death

Kegs

windows vista incompatble; blue screen of death

Got a new computer that I liked and an operating system that I don't. I
see a blue screen of death at least 2x a week and ignore it to start
windows regularly. After a couple of times of starting regularly, it
seems to run regular except for the blue screen of death during startup.

It seems not to want VMWARE player installed, but I have to have it
because half of my business software won't run on this new operating
system - thus while the new computer was a good deal - it cost me an
extra $200 for a full retail version of XP home that will allow for
programs to be run on the virtual machine hosted on vista.

I would love to be able to stop it from producing this blue screen of
death (or at least hold that screen steady upon booting up so I can read
what it says).

I would be much appreciative if someone can direct me to the DELETE key
for DELETING the blue screens of death upon start up.

Have a nice day.

--
Kegs
philo

Re: windows vista incompatble; blue screen of death

"Kegs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Got a new computer that I liked and an operating system that I don't. I
> see a blue screen of death at least 2x a week and ignore it to start
> windows regularly. After a couple of times of starting regularly, it
> seems to run regular except for the blue screen of death during startup.
>
> It seems not to want VMWARE player installed, but I have to have it
> because half of my business software won't run on this new operating
> system - thus while the new computer was a good deal - it cost me an
> extra $200 for a full retail version of XP home that will allow for
> programs to be run on the virtual machine hosted on vista.
>
> I would love to be able to stop it from producing this blue screen of
> death (or at least hold that screen steady upon booting up so I can read
> what it says).
>
> I would be much appreciative if someone can direct me to the DELETE key
> for DELETING the blue screens of death upon start up.
>
> Have a nice day.

Since it's new
you need to have the vendor fix it under warranty or else get a refund

that simple.

Your other choice would be to just format the drive and install XP
and forget about Vista alltogether

Bruce Chambers

Kegs wrote:
> Got a new computer that I liked and an operating system that I don't. I
> see a blue screen of death at least 2x a week and ignore it to start
> windows regularly.

Why in the world would you ignore error messages?

> After a couple of times of starting regularly, it
> seems to run regular except for the blue screen of death during startup.
>
> It seems not to want VMWARE player installed, but I have to have it
> because half of my business software won't run on this new operating
> system - thus while the new computer was a good deal - it cost me an
> extra $200 for a full retail version of XP home that will allow for
> programs to be run on the virtual machine hosted on vista.
>
> I would love to be able to stop it from producing this blue screen of
> death (or at least hold that screen steady upon booting up so I can read
> what it says).

If you want to read the error messages, simply disable the automatic
restart on error, just as one does in WinXP. Right-click Computer >
Properties > Advanced System Settings > Startup and Recovery, and remove
the check mark from the "Automatically restart" option.

> I would be much appreciative if someone can direct me to the DELETE key
> for DELETING the blue screens of death upon start up.

Until you take the trouble to post the error message(s) specified on
these BSoDs, no one is really going to be able to help you determine the
cause, which will be either defective hardware or defective device
driver(s).

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: