Upgraded to Vista Premium- Get Blue Screen

=?Utf-8?B?b25lbXVsbGlnYW4=?=

Upgraded to Vista Premium- Get Blue Screen
I just tried to upgrade to Vista Premium. All seemed to go well but when
computer restarted got blue screen with message Page Fault in Non Paged Area
"srescan.sys" and below that address 81612F45 base at 8160D000, date stamp
45abfd3e. Can anyone help? Can't get to Safe Mode either.
Don

Re: Upgraded to Vista Premium- Get Blue Screen
onemulligan wrote:
> I just tried to upgrade to Vista Premium. All seemed to go well but when
> computer restarted got blue screen with message Page Fault in Non Paged Area
> "srescan.sys" and below that address 81612F45 base at 8160D000, date stamp
> 45abfd3e. Can anyone help? Can't get to Safe Mode either.

Some googling makes it clear that a lot depends on whether you really
mean 'srescan.sys' or 'serscan.sys'.

srescan.sys apparently is part of ZoneLabs firewall, but serscan.sys is
part of the Windows driver for a serial scanner. The former should be
deleted (I would think) using the Vista DVD recovery facility.

=?Utf-8?B?b25lbXVsbGlnYW4=?=

Re: Upgraded to Vista Premium- Get Blue Screen
Thanks for the reply. I did try the repair in Vista but it did not work. I
spent from 7:00 AM to 11:55 AM this morning talking to Microsoft and the
advanced tech had me install Vista to the 2nd partition on my HD. I now have
Vista on my D drive and my old data on my C drive. He is supposed to call me
tomorrow AM to try to combine the drives and activate the software. This was
a nightmare for me.

onemulligan wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I did try the repair in Vista but it did not work. I
> spent from 7:00 AM to 11:55 AM this morning talking to Microsoft and the
> advanced tech had me install Vista to the 2nd partition on my HD. I now have
> Vista on my D drive and my old data on my C drive. He is supposed to call me
> tomorrow AM to try to combine the drives and activate the software. This was
> a nightmare for me.

My sympathies -- I hope he calls you back with good advice )

Meanwhile, I (personally) would be searching like crazy for both
srescan.sys and serscan.sys, neither of which can I find on my own
Vista machine. I would make a point of checking its 'properties' to
see who originally installed it so I wouldn't install it again in the
future.