Windows explorer not responding, volume E: not responding

=?Utf-8?B?QmFoYQ==?=

Windows explorer not responding, volume E: not responding
Hi!

I have a clean install of Vista home premium. I updated all my drivers.
But when I want to install some games or other software, it goes until the
middle of the process or so, but then everithing freezes. And I see the
message like: "Windows explorer not responding", or "Volume E: not
responding". And its not just software, when I try to read or copy some data
CDs, I got the same response. I wonder if anybody had similar problems.
Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!
JW

Re: Windows explorer not responding, volume E: not responding
What is on Volume E. It sounds like Volume E is where your Temp directory
is and thatIt is not mounted.

"JW" wrote:

> What is on Volume E. It sounds like Volume E is where your Temp directory
> is and thatIt is not mounted.

voplume E is my DVD Drive. I checked the device manager and it looks
mounted. It does work some times. But not always.
Thanks!
JW

Re: Windows explorer not responding, volume E: not responding
I forget how to change the location of your system temp directory but you
need to get it off of your DVD drive. You can probably use Help to find out
how to change it's location to an available HDD Volume.

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> What is on Volume E. It sounds like Volume E is where your Temp
>> directory
>> is and thatIt is not mounted.

> voplume E is my DVD Drive. I checked the device manager and it looks
> mounted. It does work some times. But not always.
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?QXRoZW5h?=

RE: Windows explorer not responding, volume E: not responding
same thing is happening to me...if you find ANY info on how to solve it,
please say something...I've been try for about a week to transfer information
from a CD onto my new comp. I'm really frusterated