Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information

empathy beard

Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information
When I check my System Information (right-clicking on computer, then
selecting properties) there's an atrocious Dell logo staring back at me. Is
there somewhere in the registry that I can turn this off?

Thanks,

- embrd

bad_the_ba

Re: Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information

well, if you bought a Dell, then you get what you pay for... they are
free to brand it as they wish. Is not this same logo staring at you from
the front of the case and/or monitor? At any rate, here is another's
response to the question.

'John Barnett's Windows Vista Support: Remove OEM Branding From PC'
(http://vistasupport.mvps.org/remove_...ng_from_pc.htm)

--
bad_the_ba
Malke

empathy beard wrote:

> When I check my System Information (right-clicking on computer, then
> selecting properties) there's an atrocious Dell logo staring back at me.
> Is there somewhere in the registry that I can turn this off?

Amazing what a tiny little Google search will turn up:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

empathy beard

Re: Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information
Found out you can also edit:
C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\oobe.xml

And the registry keys:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Win dows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Win dows
NT\Sinsat\WindowsExperienceIndexOEMInfo

- empbrd

"empathy beard" <fake@email> wrote in message
> When I check my System Information (right-clicking on computer, then
> selecting properties) there's an atrocious Dell logo staring back at me.
> Is there somewhere in the registry that I can turn this off?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - embrd

Brink

empathy beard;773034 Wrote:
> When I check my System Information (right-clicking on computer, then
> selecting properties) there's an atrocious Dell logo staring back at
> me. Is
> there somewhere in the registry that I can turn this off?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - embrd

Hello Embrd,

Step 5 in this tutorial may help you remove the OEM logo.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...formation.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
James

RE: Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information
You can use winguggle to do that. also it's windows xp compatible.
let's you customize it easily.

"empathy beard" wrote:

> When I check my System Information (right-clicking on computer, then
> selecting properties) there's an atrocious Dell logo staring back at me. Is
> there somewhere in the registry that I can turn this off?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - embrd

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information
The info is stored in the registry. See:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows« Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

"empathy beard" <fake@email> wrote in message
> When I check my System Information (right-clicking on computer, then
> selecting properties) there's an atrocious Dell logo staring back at me.
> Is there somewhere in the registry that I can turn this off?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - embrd

joshmon_us is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Remove 'Dell Logo' from System Information
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_the_ba View Post

Your personal opinion on pc branding was not the question here, but in fact how to remove branding logos from inside of windows. Why are online communitys typically so full of self-righteous *****s now-a-days. :-/