no wifi after reinstall on dell note book.

gavin

no wifi after reinstall on dell note book.
I upgraded to ultimate from home prem. The Dell 1420 could
not find the wifi card even after I installed the drivers from the
original disk. I assumed there was a problem with ultimate and the
Intel wifi card. Not so when I reinstalled the home prem, it still
will not find the wifi even after I install the drivers from the disk
that came with it. I also tried downloading updated drivers from dell
and that did not helpeither time. I also donot have ethernet even
though the device amnage and the driver disk say it is there. I
bought this at Best buy so so not have tech support from Dell only the
Geek Sqd. Oh boy. The only reason I buy dell is the tech support.
never again. Some wone should have told me.
Mick Murphy

RE: no wifi after reinstall on dell note book.
Try this!
Go into Device Manager, find the Adaptor, right-click on it>enable it.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"gavin" wrote:

> I upgraded to ultimate from home prem. The Dell 1420 could
> not find the wifi card even after I installed the drivers from the
> original disk. I assumed there was a problem with ultimate and the
> Intel wifi card. Not so when I reinstalled the home prem, it still
> will not find the wifi even after I install the drivers from the disk
> that came with it. I also tried downloading updated drivers from dell
> and that did not helpeither time. I also donot have ethernet even
> though the device amnage and the driver disk say it is there. I
> bought this at Best buy so so not have tech support from Dell only the
> Geek Sqd. Oh boy. The only reason I buy dell is the tech support.
> never again. Some wone should have told me.

Mick Murphy

RE: no wifi after reinstall on dell note book.
Don't multi-post!
Malke answered you in another Newsgroup here, and you never replied to her!!!
You have followed her advice(I see that from your post), of downloading
drivers from Dell!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia