Updrading from Home Premium SP1

Sinner

Updrading from Home Premium SP1
I'm getting a new Gateway Tablet W/Vista Home Premium SP1 installed. I have
an Anytime Upgrade Ultimate DVD. Will I run into any problems if I try to
upgrade? The Ultimate DVD does not have SP1 embedded.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Updrading from Home Premium SP1
Microsoft will send you a new Anytime Upgrade with SP1 DVD
when you purchase the new Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade license.
Your current Anytime Upgrade disc will not work when SP1 is already
installed.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

> Microsoft will send you a new Anytime Upgrade with SP1 DVD
> when you purchase the new Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade license.
> Your current Anytime Upgrade disc will not work when SP1 is already
> installed.

Why do I have to purchase a new license? My current license is still valid.
Gateway didn't offer anything but Vista Home Premium on this TotL Tablet

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Updrading from Home Premium SP1
You only have a license for Vista Home Premium.
If you wish to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, you'll need
to purchase a license for Vista Ultimate.

Anytime Upgrade FAQ:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...41b981033.mspx

--

"Sinner" wrote:

Why do I have to purchase a new license? My current license is still valid.
Gateway didn't offer anything but Vista Home Premium on this TotL Tablet

AJR

Re: Updrading from Home Premium SP1
Regarding "... I have an Anytime Upgrade Ultimate DVD..." - evidently you
received an appropriate product key when the upgrade kit.
Regarding SP1 - if you tried to reinstall Home Premium using a DVD without
SP1 there would be a messasge stating the curesnt OS is a higher version and
abort setup..

Since you are upgrading to Ulimate this may not be the case. Run the
anytime Upgrade DVD - if SP1 is a problem setup will abort.

"Sinner" <sinner@gatesofhell.org> wrote in message
> I'm getting a new Gateway Tablet W/Vista Home Premium SP1 installed. I
> have an Anytime Upgrade Ultimate DVD. Will I run into any problems if I
> try to upgrade? The Ultimate DVD does not have SP1 embedded.

Mark H

Re: Updrading from Home Premium SP1
It won't work.
Must have SP1 on the disk.