Re-Using a Anytime Upgrade Digital Locker Key (upgrading to new PC

Mark Harris

Re-Using a Anytime Upgrade Digital Locker Key (upgrading to new PC
I plan to upgrade from an older PC hardware (now running Vista Ultimate) to a
new platform this weekend. New motherboard, disk and video. I plan to wipe
the OLD disk clean and thus 'uninstall' the instance of Vista, which should
allow me to re-use my licenses for Vista on the new hardware platform. I
can't seem to find any specific documentations on doing so from Microsoft...

I started with XP (full), did a Vista Business Upgrade (from Disk with
license), and then bought a Anytime Ultimate Upgrade online from Microsoft
(Anytime DVD available).

Does anyone expect me to have issues or problems doing this new install?
Will the Anytime Upgrade to Vista Ultimate using the original Digital Locker
file (downloaded months ago) be smooth?

I assume I'll have to CALL Microsoft one or more times to re-use the
licenses. Other than that will everything install and work properly?
Mark H

Re: Re-Using a Anytime Upgrade Digital Locker Key (upgrading to new PC
Please refer to your previous post from only 24 hours ago.

"Mark Harris" <Mark Harris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I plan to upgrade from an older PC hardware (now running Vista Ultimate)

to a
> new platform this weekend. New motherboard, disk and video. I plan to wipe
> the OLD disk clean and thus 'uninstall' the instance of Vista, which

should
> allow me to re-use my licenses for Vista on the new hardware platform. I
> can't seem to find any specific documentations on doing so from

Microsoft...

> I started with XP (full), did a Vista Business Upgrade (from Disk with
> license), and then bought a Anytime Ultimate Upgrade online from Microsoft
> (Anytime DVD available).
>
> Does anyone expect me to have issues or problems doing this new install?
> Will the Anytime Upgrade to Vista Ultimate using the original Digital

Locker
> file (downloaded months ago) be smooth?
>
> I assume I'll have to CALL Microsoft one or more times to re-use the
> licenses. Other than that will everything install and work properly?

markharris2000@gmail.com

Re: Re-Using a Anytime Upgrade Digital Locker Key (upgrading to newPC
Humm... I did not see the final posting in my reader. "Mark H" from
very early this morning seems to have lived through it and his notes
are a great resource.

Thanks,
Mark H

Re: Re-Using a Anytime Upgrade Digital Locker Key (upgrading to new PC
No problem.
Good luck.