Re Installing windows XP

Simon

Re Installing windows XP
I am attempting to format my sons hard drive and reload windows XP as
currently it is running like a pig as my son has spent two years dowloading
every known game and mod known to mankind. I have a recovery disk but do not
know how to boot from the disk. I have started the PC whilst pressing the F8
key and hoped I would see an option to boot from the CD drive, but dont see
it. If I run the disk whilst whilst XP is running and click the install
windows XP it tells me it is an older version of XP on the disk and does not
give me the option to continue to overwrite it.

Anyone tell me how to proceed?

Thanks

Simon
Bistey Csaba

Re: Re Installing windows XP
You can change the boot sequence in the computer BIOS's setup, usually
you can enter it pressing DEL button at startup, and there you should
look for for boot configuration/setup/order menu which allows you to
change the order of boot devices (like make your computer boot from cd
on next startup).

Csaba

Simon wrote:
> I am attempting to format my sons hard drive and reload windows XP as
> currently it is running like a pig as my son has spent two years dowloading
> every known game and mod known to mankind. I have a recovery disk but do not
> know how to boot from the disk. I have started the PC whilst pressing the F8
> key and hoped I would see an option to boot from the CD drive, but dont see
> it. If I run the disk whilst whilst XP is running and click the install
> windows XP it tells me it is an older version of XP on the disk and does not
> give me the option to continue to overwrite it.
>
> Anyone tell me how to proceed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

John Barnett MVP

Re: Re Installing windows XP
You probably need change the boot option in the BIOS. See this link from my
website:
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how..._support_i.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert