0XC000000E \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOAD.EXE

=?Utf-8?B?c2VycGllbnRlYXp0ZWNh?=

0XC000000E \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOAD.EXE
I INSTALLED WINDOWS VISTA LIKE 3 DAYS AGO IT WAS RUNNING OK THEN I DID A
RESTART AND I GOT THIS MESSAGE
WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT BE THE
CAUSE
FILE: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOAD.EXE
STATUS: 0XC000000E
INFO: THE SELECTED ENTRY COULD NOT BE LOADED BECAUSE THE APPLICATION
IS MISSING OR CORRUPT
BELOW I GOT THE OPTION ENTER TO CONTINUE ESC TO EXIT
I TYPE ENTER EN SEND ME BACK TO THE SAME ERROR SCREEN

Chad Harris

Re: 0XC000000E \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOAD.EXE
Hello serpienteazteca--

There are a lot of google hits on this error represented by this one:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...PostID=1343608

Other google hits on this error are here:

Your history is sketchy, so I don't know if you installed any hdw recently
which required a driver, or any memory sticks, but I'll assume not.

If the remedy on the first link does not fix you, then:

I Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment link on the Vista
DVD:

You can run Startup Repair by putting your Vista DVD in after the
language screen in setup. You can also run System Restore from the same
location.

You run the startup repair tool this way (and system restore from here is
also sometimes effective):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925810/en-us

How To Run Startup Repair In Vista Ultimate (Multiple Screenshots)
http://www.windowsvista.windowsreins...rtup/index.htm

Note The computer must be configured to start from a CD or from a DVD. For
information about how to configure the computer to start from a CD or from a
DVD, see the information that came with the computer.
2. Restart the computer. To do this, click Start, click the arrow next to
the Lock button, and then click Restart.

This usually means that you enter bios setup by whatever key or keys
(sometimes there is more than one key that will do it for your model--go to
pc manufacturer site) and configure CD to be first in the boot order.

See for ref:
Access/Enter Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Boot Order in Bios (Set Boot from HD 1st)
http://www.short-media.com/images/mm...ios/bios03.jpg

Note If you cannot restart the computer by using this method, use the power
button to turn off the computer. Then, turn the computer back on.

3. Set your language preference, and then click Next.

Note In most cases, the startup repair process starts automatically, and you
do not have the option to select it in the System Recovery Options menu.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the operating system
that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair to start the
repair process.

7. When the repair process is complete, click Finish.

Additional References for Startup Repair With Screenshots:

How to Use Startup Repair:

***Accessing Windows RE (Repair Environment):***

1) Insert Media into PC (the DVD you burned)

2) ***You will see on the Vista logo setup screen after lang. options in the
lower left corner, a link called "System Recovery Options."***

Screenshot: System Recovery Options (Lower Left Link)
http://blogs.itecn.net/photos/liuhui...4/500x375.aspx

Screenshot: (Click first option "Startup Repair"
http://www.leedesmond.com/images/img...SysRecOpt2.bmp

How To Run Startup Repair In Vista Ultimate (Multiple Screenshots)
http://www.windowsvista.windowsreins...rtup/index.htm

3) Select your OS for repair.

4) Its been my experience that you can see some causes of the crash from
theWin RE feature:

You'll have a choice there of using:

1) Startup Repair
2) System Restore
3) Complete PC Restore
___________________

II Repair Install in Vista (Just as in XP Booting from the Vista DVD)

Some people have done a successful repair install in Vista which is the most
reliable way to fix XP no boots. Make sure your bios is set to boot from
the DVD:

See for ref:
Access/Enter Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Boot Order in Bios (Set Boot from HD 1st)
http://www.short-media.com/images/mm...ios/bios03.jpg

Repair Install
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

Repair Install (Method 2):

III Taking Full Advantage of the F8 Options (Windows Advanced Options Menu):

You could also:

Try to F8 to the Windows Adv Options Menu>try 3 safe modes there (I don't
use WGA) and Last Known Good>then I go to Win RE in Vista. That gives you a
choice of Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking,and Safe Mode with Command
Prompt.

These methods are outlined in

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP/and Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/

You will need this reference:

How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/en-us

The command to use for system restore at the safe mode cmd prompt is:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

The reason for doing this is one of these choices may work, when the other
doesn't. My experience is that people do not fully try F8 when they think
or have said they have. It is that they can almost always reach Windows
Advanced Options though.

Good luck,

CH

"serpienteazteca" <serpienteazteca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in