Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

stasioau

Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

::Yesterday finished build my comp. as below:::
::Asus P5N32-E SLI (nVidia, nForce 680, DDR 533/667/800)::
::Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (3.0 GHz, 1333 Mhz)::
::Memory: OCZ2N800SR4GK,4 elements, total 8Gk (PC26400, DDR2-800,
NVIDIA), ::
::Card: EVGA 512-p2-n747 Ir, Geforce 8500gt, 512 mb, 128 bit, two cards
for SLI::
::All elements working OK, CD-RAM included.::
::In BIOS my CD is first to boot.::
::Install my Vista64 into drive, start comp, get: “file loaded”, after
4 times small horizontal bars goes from left to right, after stop, and
during next 15 minutes nothing happen.::
::Check again connection …OK.::
::Start with Vista 32 and after 8 times moving bars get screen:”
language, time, keyboard”::
::Will appreciate first help for me in this great Forum.::
::Thanks::

--
stasioau
stasioau

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

::Well, it is working now. After disk Vista 34 been install in CD drive
just for checking. Change disk for Vista 64 again, reboot and system
goes. It is fan; just take one hour more.::
::Regards::

--
stasioau
bad_the_ba

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

If you continue to have issues, try installing Vista with less than 3GB
of memory installed, and then adding the memory you are using after
installation and updates. Also, verify that the memory you are using is
on the ASUS QVL for approved modules

--
bad_the_ba
stasioau

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

No, does not work. After 4 minutes of loading V64 was frozen like a
water in LN2 (Liquid Nitrogen). Did again, and happen the same after 2
minutes. I just finish build this machine so I was started checking all
over, looking for something. Everything was OK. In next step I loaded
XP32. Goes like water. Well, I do not want have XP so I formatted and
started with Vista64. Same, frozen. I take my Vista32 goes smoothly and
I have it in my machine now. I never thinking about memory and thanks so
much for this advice. Can I load V64 over V32?
Regards

--
stasioau
Curious

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help
Vista 64 has to be clean installation.
What make/model CPU do you have?
Is your MOBO BIOS the latest available from the manufacturer?
"stasioau" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> No, does not work. After 4 minutes of loading V64 was frozen like a
> water in LN2 (Liquid Nitrogen). Did again, and happen the same after 2
> minutes. I just finish build this machine so I was started checking all
> over, looking for something. Everything was OK. In next step I loaded
> XP32. Goes like water. Well, I do not want have XP so I formatted and
> started with Vista64. Same, frozen. I take my Vista32 goes smoothly and
> I have it in my machine now. I never thinking about memory and thanks so
> much for this advice. Can I load V64 over V32?
> Regards
>

> --
> stasioau

bad_the_ba

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

Vista 64 does not have to be a clean install if using Upgrade or Express
Upgrade versions over XP Pro x64. However, there are tutorials on this
forum describing how to do a clean install with an upgrade license.

--
bad_the_ba
Nonny

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:55:26 -0500, bad_the_ba
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Vista 64 does not have to be a clean install if using Upgrade or Express
>Upgrade versions over XP Pro x64. However, there are tutorials on this
>forum describing how to do a clean install with an upgrade license.

Keep in mind that "this forum" you refer to and are posting from is a
miniscule (though very irritating) part of the total picture.

Hundreds of thousands of people use another way to access these groups
and have no idea what you are talking about.
bad_the_ba

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

Hmm, at the top of this web page it says "Vista Tutorials". Thank you so
very much for pointing out my "mistake", but do you really think it's
that hard to realize where to look next? If you really think you are
contributing on these forums by such posts as that, then please register
before posting instead of just dropping by chance. For your benefit and
the benefit of whoever reads this though, here is the link (this
tutorial is found on the first or second page of the tutorial section)
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...ade-vista.html

--
bad_the_ba
Nonny

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:28:40 -0500, bad_the_ba
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hmm, at the top of this web page it says "Vista Tutorials". Thank you so
>very much for pointing out my "mistake", but do you really think it's
>that hard to realize where to look next? If you really think you are
>contributing on these forums by such posts as that, then please register
>before posting instead of just dropping by chance. For your benefit and
>the benefit of whoever reads this though, here is the link (this
>tutorial is found on the first or second page of the tutorial section)
>http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...ade-vista.html

You myopic moron.

Only a relative few of the messages on that annoying forum originate
there. By far the MAJORITY of the messages you see originate either
at the Microsoft public newsgrouo site or on other news servers around
the world.

Vista Forums is is a private site that merely scavenges those
messages and integrates them into what you see.

The Usenent worlld would be a significantly better place without
vBulletin user forums.

stasioau

Re: Cannot install Vista 64 Please help

OK. Thanks so much guys.
My CPO is: Intel Core2 Duo Processor E6850, 3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333
MHzFSB
My BIOS is Rev 1205, new one is Rev 1304
After reading all horror story about updated BIOS I reading more.
My memory is 4 G now from 8 G yesterday.
Best Regards

--
stasioau