Vista Forgets

charles

Vista Forgets
Does anyone know of a setting in Vista that will tell it to remember for
more than one or two reboots the view settings for an individual folder?
(This is a major way in which XP was better).

Is there any way to get a shortcut to a folder to actually bring you to the
folder's place in the directory tree instead of just showing it in the
navigation pane with the folder of the shortcut as the parent folder.
(Another way in which XP was better).

Thanks,
- charles
Brink

Re: Vista Forgets

charles;731436 Wrote:
> Does anyone know of a setting in Vista that will tell it to remember for
> more than one or two reboots the view settings for an individual
> folder?
> (This is a major way in which XP was better).
>
> Is there any way to get a shortcut to a folder to actually bring you to
> the
> folder's place in the directory tree instead of just showing it in the
> navigation pane with the folder of the shortcut as the parent folder.
> (Another way in which XP was better).
>
> Thanks,
> - charles

Hi Charles,

Method Two in this tutorial will help Vista remember your folder view
settings for how they were when the window was last closed. There is a
REG download option to make it easy to do instead of the manual way.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
charles

Re: Vista Forgets
Hey, Shawn, this looks great. Thanks a lot. Also I didn't know about that
forum at all before. Your tutorial looks like it should do the trick. I'll
get to it later.

thanks,
- charles

Brink <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> Hi Charles,
>
> Method Two in this tutorial will help Vista remember your folder view
> settings for how they were when the window was last closed. There is a
> REG download option to make it easy to do instead of the manual way.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...folder-view-se
> ttings.html
>
> Hope this helps you,
> Shawn

Brink

Re: Vista Forgets

charles;732194 Wrote:
> Hey, Shawn, this looks great. Thanks a lot. Also I didn't know about
> that
> forum at all before. Your tutorial looks like it should do the trick.
> I'll
> get to it later.
>
> thanks,
> - charles
>
> Brink <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in
> > > >
> > > Hi Charles,
> > >
> > > Method Two in this tutorial will help Vista remember your folder view
> > > settings for how they were when the window was last closed. There is

> > > REG download option to make it easy to do instead of the manual way.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...folder-view-se
> > > ttings.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps you,
> > > Shawn

Your welcome Charles. I hope it resolves your problem for you.
Shawn