Reset Recover limitation

Rickhale

Reset Recover limitation
I posted this question elsewhere:

"Purchased a new HP M8400F last week, tried to create a set of recovery
disks. Vista told me that my limitation of one set of recovery disks had
been used. I did not ever try to make a copy before the attempt that I just
discribed. How do I override the stupid Vista message?"

Someone told me to contact HP.

I didn't ask how do I obtain disks from HP! My question was; How do I
override the stupit Vista message? Really, I don't want to ever deal with HP
again, I am at the end of my rope with their lack of customer support. I'm
just about there with Microsoft too!

Does anyone know, how do I reset the errored limitation message for my
recovery disks !

Vista, isn't it great?

Thanks fellow consumers!
Mick Murphy

RE: Reset Recover limitation
Making your Recovery disks has NOTHING to do with Microsoft and vista

YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD; CONTACT HP
It s their recovery partition, their recovery software

Don't come here again!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Rickhale" wrote:

> I posted this question elsewhere:
>
> "Purchased a new HP M8400F last week, tried to create a set of recovery
> disks. Vista told me that my limitation of one set of recovery disks had
> been used. I did not ever try to make a copy before the attempt that I just
> discribed. How do I override the stupid Vista message?"
>
> Someone told me to contact HP.
>
> I didn't ask how do I obtain disks from HP! My question was; How do I
> override the stupit Vista message? Really, I don't want to ever deal with HP
> again, I am at the end of my rope with their lack of customer support. I'm
> just about there with Microsoft too!
>
> Does anyone know, how do I reset the errored limitation message for my
> recovery disks !
>
> Vista, isn't it great?
>
> Thanks fellow consumers!

Rickhale

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Making your Recovery disks has NOTHING to do with Microsoft and vista
>
> YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD; CONTACT HP
> It s their recovery partition, their recovery software
>
> Don't come here again!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Mick Murphy lacks about 40 cards out of the deck. The recovery limitation
has to do with the licensing agreements of Microsoft and the OEM's. "Don't
come here again!" Your kidding! Mick you need to keep your limited knowledge
on your little Island.

Does anyone have an answer to my question? A statement of displeasure to my
comments regarding HP and Microsoft is not necessary.
Malke

Rickhale wrote:

> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> Making your Recovery disks has NOTHING to do with Microsoft and vista
>>
>> YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD; CONTACT HP
>> It s their recovery partition, their recovery software
>>
>> Don't come here again!
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

> Mick Murphy lacks about 40 cards out of the deck. The recovery limitation
> has to do with the licensing agreements of Microsoft and the OEM's.
> "Don't
> come here again!" Your kidding! Mick you need to keep your limited
> knowledge on your little Island.
>
> Does anyone have an answer to my question? A statement of displeasure to
> my comments regarding HP and Microsoft is not necessary.

Perhaps Mr. Murphy was impatient with you, but he gave you the correct
answer. The message you are getting that you've exceeded the amount of
times you're allowed to create recovery disks (1) is not coming from Vista,
which is your operating system. The message is coming from the HP recovery
program. You are mistaken in your belief that "the recovery limitation has
to do with the licensing agreements...". It does not. The limitation on how
many times you can create recovery disks from the recovery image (1) is
imposed by HP through their disk creation utility. This recovery image was
created by HP to enable you to return your computer to factory condition.
The recovery disk creator is an HP utility that allows you to create
physical restore media from that recovery image.

So the bottom line is that anything to do with the HP recovery image and
creating recovery disks belongs to HP. If you had any difficulty creating
these disks using HP's utility, you need to contact HP. Just in case I
wasn't 100% clear in my response, this issue belongs to HP and has nothing
to do with Microsoft or Vista. You need to contact HP.

Hope that clarified things for you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP