Upgrade to Windows Vista from XP professional, keep rebooting

May

Upgrade to Windows Vista from XP professional, keep rebooting
I am trying to upgrade Windows XP professional to Vista checked build. I run
the Upgrade Advisor, it told me my system has no problem to upgrade to Vista.
But after Windows told me install is completing, the system keep automaticlly
rebooting, rebooting,... During the install, Windows did tell me the system
will reboot a lot of times, but how many times? Is this a normal procedure or
something wrong with the upgrade? I didn't get any error massage. Can any one
tell me what is wrong?

Thanks,
May
Mick Murphy

RE: Upgrade to Windows Vista from XP professional, keep rebooting
You do not say what version of vista you are trying to upgrade to!
Upgrade path of XP Pro is to Business or Ultimate, not Basic or Home Premium
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"May" wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade Windows XP professional to Vista checked build. I run
> the Upgrade Advisor, it told me my system has no problem to upgrade to Vista.
> But after Windows told me install is completing, the system keep automaticlly
> rebooting, rebooting,... During the install, Windows did tell me the system
> will reboot a lot of times, but how many times? Is this a normal procedure or
> something wrong with the upgrade? I didn't get any error massage. Can any one
> tell me what is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> May

May

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You do not say what version of vista you are trying to upgrade to!
> Upgrade path of XP Pro is to Business or Ultimate, not Basic or Home Premium
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "May" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to upgrade Windows XP professional to Vista checked build. I run
> > the Upgrade Advisor, it told me my system has no problem to upgrade to Vista.
> > But after Windows told me install is completing, the system keep automaticlly
> > rebooting, rebooting,... During the install, Windows did tell me the system
> > will reboot a lot of times, but how many times? Is this a normal procedure or
> > something wrong with the upgrade? I didn't get any error massage. Can any one
> > tell me what is wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > May

Bill Casey

RE: Upgrade to Windows Vista from XP professional, keep rebooting
I had this same problem with XP. After much experimenting I turned off the
UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) service and got this to stop. VERY
irritating!!

"May" wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade Windows XP professional to Vista checked build. I run
> the Upgrade Advisor, it told me my system has no problem to upgrade to Vista.
> But after Windows told me install is completing, the system keep automaticlly
> rebooting, rebooting,... During the install, Windows did tell me the system
> will reboot a lot of times, but how many times? Is this a normal procedure or
> something wrong with the upgrade? I didn't get any error massage. Can any one
> tell me what is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> May

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Upgrade to Windows Vista from XP professional, keep rebooting
Why are you trying to upgrade to a checked build of Vista? I am not sure
that is even supported. If you need a checked build for developing then
clean install it. The checked build is not for production use by its
nature.

newsF9C6D88-8F78-4972-B2A0-BE88F632B6F0@microsoft.com...