Installation Interruption

Rasldf

Installation Interruption
Vista Home Premium came preinstalled on my computer, but the installation was
interrupted. After what looks like a normal windows startup the screen goes
blank and a popup box says "Windows could not complete installation. To
install Windows on this computer, restart installation."

How do I restart installation without having to buy Vista on a disk?
peter

Re: Installation Interruption
with your system most likely came a manual that will tell you how to redo
the installation by means of pushing some combination of F keys when your
system boots...
Vista installation files are usually on a hidden restore partition that is
activated by means of the above procedure.
pk

"Rasldf" <Rasldf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF9A7F25-42B8-4CCC-B428-E4C10CBE5140@microsoft.com...
> Vista Home Premium came preinstalled on my computer, but the installation
> was
> interrupted. After what looks like a normal windows startup the screen
> goes
> blank and a popup box says "Windows could not complete installation. To
> install Windows on this computer, restart installation."
>
> How do I restart installation without having to buy Vista on a disk?

Rasldf

Re: Installation Interruption
Ack, no such manual came with it, but it's helpful to know where to start
now. Thanks.

"peter" wrote:

> with your system most likely came a manual that will tell you how to redo
> the installation by means of pushing some combination of F keys when your
> system boots...
> Vista installation files are usually on a hidden restore partition that is
> activated by means of the above procedure.
> pk
>
> --
> DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
> offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
> If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
> me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)
>

> "Rasldf" <Rasldf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsF9A7F25-42B8-4CCC-B428-E4C10CBE5140@microsoft.com...
> > Vista Home Premium came preinstalled on my computer, but the installation
> > was
> > interrupted. After what looks like a normal windows startup the screen
> > goes
> > blank and a popup box says "Windows could not complete installation. To
> > install Windows on this computer, restart installation."
> >
> > How do I restart installation without having to buy Vista on a disk?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Installation Interruption
If this is a new system, the correct solution is to return it for warranty
repair or replacement.