Vista Ultimate - how to undo auto-login mistake

dirtycar74

Vista Ultimate - how to undo auto-login mistake
I accidentally selected "after passing biometrics, automatically login to
windows" (or something to that effect during installation from DVD. I have
already configured all my software and now would like to know how to make it
ask for login credentials in order to access windows. I see how to choose
that option in the onboard help, but there is nothing as to how to UNdo that
choice. Please?
dirtycar74 (at) hotmail (dot) com
propman

Re: Vista Ultimate - how to undo auto-login mistake
dirtycar74 wrote:
> I accidentally selected "after passing biometrics, automatically login to
> windows" (or something to that effect during installation from DVD. I have
> already configured all my software and now would like to know how to make it
> ask for login credentials in order to access windows. I see how to choose
> that option in the onboard help, but there is nothing as to how to UNdo that
> choice. Please?
> dirtycar74 (at) hotmail (dot) com

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...nt-create.html

dirtycar74

Re: Vista Ultimate - how to undo auto-login mistake
I don't see how adding another account gets me past the automatic login under
the existing account. I don't want to bugger up the registry with unwanted
or unused user accounts. Please also note that everywhere in Windows where
it asks for if I want to use a password to login it IS CHECKED already (those
that I can find, mind you). Somewhere in the registry however there HAS TO
BE a key to modify the setting that was set in the installation processes.

"propman" wrote:

> dirtycar74 wrote:
> > I accidentally selected "after passing biometrics, automatically login to
> > windows" (or something to that effect during installation from DVD. I have
> > already configured all my software and now would like to know how to make it
> > ask for login credentials in order to access windows. I see how to choose
> > that option in the onboard help, but there is nothing as to how to UNdo that
> > choice. Please?
> > dirtycar74 (at) hotmail (dot) com

> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...nt-create.html

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista Ultimate - how to undo auto-login mistake
All you have to do is go to Control Panel> User Accounts> and set a password
for your account to log in!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia