Vista Business - License Server / imaging etc..

Eddie Walker

Vista Business - License Server / imaging etc..
Hello -
Can someone point me in the proper direction.

With XP Professional (and our volume license we had) we were able to use
that disc to image out all our computers (without having to have unique key
codes after the imagine is reloadeD).

Last year we bought our computers with vista busines licenses, but put XP
Pro on them at the time.

We would now like to deploy them using our Desktop Authority Image Center.

How would I go about doing this without getting licensing errors (I have 30+
valid licenses that they came with). Do I set up a license server? Do I need
to get them changes to enterprise / academic license or what?

Thanks,

ed

Mike Brannigan

Re: Vista Business - License Server / imaging etc..

"Eddie Walker" <ewalker3@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Hello -
> Can someone point me in the proper direction.
>
> With XP Professional (and our volume license we had) we were able to use
> that disc to image out all our computers (without having to have unique
> key codes after the imagine is reloadeD).
>
> Last year we bought our computers with vista busines licenses, but put XP
> Pro on them at the time.
>
> We would now like to deploy them using our Desktop Authority Image Center.
>
> How would I go about doing this without getting licensing errors (I have
> 30+ valid licenses that they came with). Do I set up a license server? Do
> I need to get them changes to enterprise / academic license or what?
>

> Thanks,
>
> ed

If your original machines came with an OEM install of Vista and you reimaged
them using your Volume XP licenses and you now want to go back to Windows
Vista, but use a single image and not have to enter unique keys for each
machine - then you need to use a Volume License build of Windows Vista and
then the appropriate Volume License keys using either a Key Management
Server (KMS) or Multi Activation Key (MAK) models.
See
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/r...Q/default.mspx
for full details of each of these activation methods and how you obtain the
keys under your Volume Licensing Agreement.

--
Mike Brannigan

Eddie Walker

Re: Vista Business - License Server / imaging etc..
Thanks!