Will Group Policy Work For this?

Emory Tech

Will Group Policy Work For this?
What I have found is a policy where you can tell windows to ignore whether a
driver is signed or not. What I wanted to know is can I make a vista image
and configure it so that when I deploy it this ignore the driver signed
policy will be enable so I can install the driver during the windows setup?
If not then does someone know an easy way to get windows vista to use
unsigned drivers during the windows install.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Will Group Policy Work For this?
During setup, Group Policy is not read nor processed, so it won't work.

"Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What I have found is a policy where you can tell windows to ignore whether
> driver is signed or not. What I wanted to know is can I make a vista image
> and configure it so that when I deploy it this ignore the driver signed
> policy will be enable so I can install the driver during the windows
> setup?
> If not then does someone know an easy way to get windows vista to use
> unsigned drivers during the windows install.

Dave R.

Re: Will Group Policy Work For this?

"Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What I have found is a policy where you can tell windows to ignore
> whether a
> driver is signed or not. What I wanted to know is can I make a vista
> image
> and configure it so that when I deploy it this ignore the driver
> signed
> policy will be enable so I can install the driver during the windows
> setup?
> If not then does someone know an easy way to get windows vista to use
> unsigned drivers during the windows install.

I had what looks like a similar situation where an add-in card I've been
working with has an unsigned driver. I found that if I install the card
and driver, then uninstall the card (but not the driver) before pulling
an image, it will silently install the driver if the card is in the
machine during OOBE.

Hope this helps!

Dave