ms works

Lori

ms works
help had to use factory cd to reinstall computer, emachine. but i lost ms
works the factory says i should of recieved a disk all i have is vista
upgrade? any suggestions how to get it back??
--
Lori
Malke

Re: ms works
Lori wrote:

> help had to use factory cd to reinstall computer, emachine. but i lost ms
> works the factory says i should of recieved a disk all i have is vista
> upgrade? any suggestions how to get it back??

Either contact eMachines to see whether they will replace the disk or bite
the bullet and go to the store and buy one. It would seem to me that if
Works came preinstalled, eMachines should give you an install CD but
eMachines is such a crappy company that they might not.

An alternative would be to install OpenOffice, an excellent free office
suite that can read and write MS Office formats. I don't know whether it
can read/write Works formats since Works tends to not be compatible with
anything else in the world.

http://www.openoffice.org

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Lori

Re: ms works
Thanks i will try the free first and you are correct emachines is crappy
unfortunatly it was affordable for. thanks for the help
--
Lori