Startup problem

Th3 ownag3

Startup problem
Yesterday, i've got a new laptop with vista. So i started to install it and
when suddenly the battery went out. Then it went to sleep, but i thought it
went off so, I closed it and restarted the laptop. Ever since then i got this
popup coming up saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an
unexpected error.Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows,
click "ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation" but
everytime i press ok it restarts but nothing else happens expect the pop up
comes up again. What do i do can i solve this or can only an expert solve
this?
Mick Murphy

RE: Startup problem
If you buy a laptop with Vista, it is already preinstalled!
WHY were you installing it????????

One day old! You have warranty!
Contact where you just bought it!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Th3 ownag3" wrote:

> Yesterday, i've got a new laptop with vista. So i started to install it and
> when suddenly the battery went out. Then it went to sleep, but i thought it
> went off so, I closed it and restarted the laptop. Ever since then i got this
> popup coming up saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an
> unexpected error.Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows,
> click "ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation" but
> everytime i press ok it restarts but nothing else happens expect the pop up
> comes up again. What do i do can i solve this or can only an expert solve
> this?

Rick Rogers

Re: Startup problem
New systems come partially installed, Mick, the final steps of installation
are completed when the new user powers it up for the first time. Takes 15-20
minutes on average.

I'm guessing that this particular user did not read the instructions and
tried running it from a partially charged battery while these final steps
took place. When the partially charged battery ran out of juice, the
installation fell over as incomplete and is now corrupted. Since it's new,
there is likely to be little on it of value, so the OP should check the
manual for instructions on doing a system recovery and get a fresh install
to work with (and this time leave it plugged in).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> If you buy a laptop with Vista, it is already preinstalled!
> WHY were you installing it????????
>
> One day old! You have warranty!
> Contact where you just bought it!!!!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Th3 ownag3" wrote:
>
>> Yesterday, i've got a new laptop with vista. So i started to install it
>> and
>> when suddenly the battery went out. Then it went to sleep, but i thought
>> it
>> went off so, I closed it and restarted the laptop. Ever since then i got
>> this
>> popup coming up saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or
>> encountered an
>> unexpected error.Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows,
>> click "ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation"
>> but
>> everytime i press ok it restarts but nothing else happens expect the pop
>> up
>> comes up again. What do i do can i solve this or can only an expert solve
>> this?

Mick Murphy

Re: Startup problem
Thanks Rick!
Why I asked him/her is because over here, all new computers are set up by
the sellers(Dept Stores) service agents(part of the deal).
And for myself, I install the Systems for my customers from go to whoa!

Thanks for that, Rick.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia