Switching Vista Keys

Confused vendor

Switching Vista Keys
I work as a vendor (v-) at Microsoft (Main campus, redmond). My laptop has
the version of Vista (enterprise) and Office 2007 that are available on the
corporate network.

Now what I would like to do when I get off the project, is to instead of
formatting my laptop and reinstalling some retail version of all the
software, just switch the product keys. So questions:

Is the scenario I am describing possible? If yes, then how do I go about
implementing the solution?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Switching Vista Keys
No. You'll have to reformat and install Vista
and Office from scratch. Retail product keys
will not be accepted since your software has
an embedded Enterprise license agreement.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Confused vendor" <Confused vendor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsFFA0823-683E-4B34-914E-C5B2A0D5CEEA@microsoft.com...
I work as a vendor (v-) at Microsoft (Main campus, redmond). My laptop has
the version of Vista (enterprise) and Office 2007 that are available on the
corporate network.

Now what I would like to do when I get off the project, is to instead of
formatting my laptop and reinstalling some retail version of all the
software, just switch the product keys. So questions:

Is the scenario I am describing possible? If yes, then how do I go about
implementing the solution?

Rick Rogers

Re: Switching Vista Keys
Hi,

There are some key update tools out there that work on Vista to change
between versions, but none that I know of that can specifically switch
enterprise to a retail version, much less the office software.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Confused vendor" <Confused vendor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message newsFFA0823-683E-4B34-914E-C5B2A0D5CEEA@microsoft.com...
>I work as a vendor (v-) at Microsoft (Main campus, redmond). My laptop has
> the version of Vista (enterprise) and Office 2007 that are available on
> the
> corporate network.
>
> Now what I would like to do when I get off the project, is to instead of
> formatting my laptop and reinstalling some retail version of all the
> software, just switch the product keys. So questions:
>
> Is the scenario I am describing possible? If yes, then how do I go about
> implementing the solution?

Brink

Re: Switching Vista Keys

Confused vendor;719800 Wrote:
> I work as a vendor (v-) at Microsoft (Main campus, redmond). My laptop
> has
> the version of Vista (enterprise) and Office 2007 that are available on
> the
> corporate network.
>
> Now what I would like to do when I get off the project, is to instead
> of
> formatting my laptop and reinstalling some retail version of all the
> software, just switch the product keys. So questions:
>
> Is the scenario I am describing possible? If yes, then how do I go
> about
> implementing the solution?

Hello,

I suppose that if your laptop is powerful enough and can support the
requirements, you could use "Virtual PC" to switch back and forth to
other versions of Vista.

'Download details: Virtual PC 2007'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

Hope this helps,