Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Upgrade from Vista 32 to Vista 64

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2008
MCoulter
 

Posts: n/a
Upgrade from Vista 32 to Vista 64
I want to upgrade from Vista Ultimate 32 to VU 64. I originally had VB 32 and
bought the upgrade for VU 64 which is in my digital locker and then I have an
upgrade cd MS sent me. Would I have to purchse the other DVD for the minimal
fee and if so how would I go about using my VU pk for the VU 64 edition. I am
quite familiar with how to install it just not sure how I need to get to that
point
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2008
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Upgrade from Vista 32 to Vista 64
Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

---------------------------------------------------------------

"MCoulter" wrote:

I want to upgrade from Vista Ultimate 32 to VU 64. I originally had VB 32 and
bought the upgrade for VU 64 which is in my digital locker and then I have an
upgrade cd MS sent me. Would I have to purchse the other DVD for the minimal
fee and if so how would I go about using my VU pk for the VU 64 edition. I am
quite familiar with how to install it just not sure how I need to get to that
point
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2008
MCoulter
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Upgrade from Vista 32 to Vista 64
I have a pk for VB just not the pk for the upgrade to VU. So I would need to
reinstall xp, then upgrade to V 64. Would I be able to have it register as VU
64 or would I have to do VB 64? I would much rather have VU 64 as I have
already paid a good deal of money to get VU

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "MCoulter" wrote:
>
> I want to upgrade from Vista Ultimate 32 to VU 64. I originally had VB 32 and
> bought the upgrade for VU 64 which is in my digital locker and then I have an
> upgrade cd MS sent me. Would I have to purchse the other DVD for the minimal
> fee and if so how would I go about using my VU pk for the VU 64 edition. I am
> quite familiar with how to install it just not sure how I need to get to that
> point
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Upgrade from Vista 32 to Vista 64
You can NOT upgrade from a 32bit OS to a 64bit OS.
You have to delete the partition, formatt, and clean install.
Simple as that!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"MCoulter" wrote:

> I have a pk for VB just not the pk for the upgrade to VU. So I would need to
> reinstall xp, then upgrade to V 64. Would I be able to have it register as VU
> 64 or would I have to do VB 64? I would much rather have VU 64 as I have
> already paid a good deal of money to get VU
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Desktop Experience -
> > Windows Vista Enthusiast
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "MCoulter" wrote:
> >
> > I want to upgrade from Vista Ultimate 32 to VU 64. I originally had VB 32 and
> > bought the upgrade for VU 64 which is in my digital locker and then I have an
> > upgrade cd MS sent me. Would I have to purchse the other DVD for the minimal
> > fee and if so how would I go about using my VU pk for the VU 64 edition. I am
> > quite familiar with how to install it just not sure how I need to get to that
> > point
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPGRADE QUESTION: Do you have to have a version of Windows installed in order to install the Vista upgrade? JMI microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 01-21-2008 05:56
Article ID: 932007 Error message when you try to upgrade a computer to Windows Vista: "The installed operating system does not support an upgrade to Windows Vista" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 933169 The upgrade option is not available when you try to upgrade a computer to Windows Vista, and you receive the following error message: "To upgrade to Windows, the hard disk partition must be formatted as NTFS" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 937768 You receive an error message when you try to activate Windows Vista after you use a Windows Anytime Upgrade DVD to upgrade Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 940057 Some programs that use virtual device drivers no longer work after you upgrade a computer to Windows Vista or after you perform a Windows Anytime Upgrade in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:38.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120