Re: SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid windows image

Civixsi

Re: SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid windows image

I've had the same problem but with the Vista Business edition I got from
MSDN. Ive burnt over 10 dvd's now. I get the same messages as described
above. I've downloaded the .iso twice now. I've used Alcohol 120%,
ImgBurn, and on Ubuntu I used GnomeBaker and K3B. I get the same
messages trying to install on my laptop and my PC. I even swapped out
my DVD reader on my PC with a spare. Its driving me crazy! Did anyone
resolve this?

--
Civixsi
Civixsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50035

http://forums.techarena.in

propman

Civixsi wrote:
> I've had the same problem but with the Vista Business edition I got from
> MSDN. Ive burnt over 10 dvd's now. I get the same messages as described
> above. I've downloaded the .iso twice now. I've used Alcohol 120%,
> ImgBurn, and on Ubuntu I used GnomeBaker and K3B. I get the same
> messages trying to install on my laptop and my PC. I even swapped out
> my DVD reader on my PC with a spare. Its driving me crazy! Did anyone
> resolve this?

It's not really clear from your inquiry if you are trying to use
"SPWIZENG.DLL" as the main file for burning a DVD.

A file that has the dll extension is not an image file but a system
file. DLL is an acronym for "Dynamic Link Library". So if you are
trying to burn a DVD (or whatever) with just this file alone, it won't
work regardless of the software you use. You can use your software to
burn a *copy* of this file to DVD (or whatever) for backup purposes or
if you wanted to transfer the file to another computer for examples.

To burn a DVD from an image file, you need a valid image file; a common
extension for image files is "iso".

For example: VistaBusiness.iso

Recheck your sources to make sure you are downloading the correct file. :-)

Civixsi

Re: SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid windows image

Hmm, no I had the same problems as described above. I dont think just
burning that file to a dvd would give me those error messages.

--
Civixsi
Civixsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50035
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=527136

http://forums.techarena.in

Mick Murphy

Re: SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid windows image
You are like the rest of techarena and vistaheads idiots that come here.
You don't include ANY preceding problem posts.

You just waste our reading time!
Go away!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Civixsi" wrote:

> Hmm, no I had the same problems as described above. I dont think just
> burning that file to a dvd would give me those error messages.
>

> --
> Civixsi
> Civixsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50035
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=527136
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

propman

Civixsi wrote:
> Hmm, no I had the same problems as described above.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this!

> I dont think just
> burning that file to a dvd would give me those error messages.

Well of course you wouldn't get those error messages by just burning
that particular file to a disk.....but if you had taken the time to
comprehend what I wrote, you **would** get those error messages if you
were trying to burn an image file and using the wrong file!

Last chance here........are you using a valid a valid image file or not?
What is the exact name of the image file you downloaded? Image files do
not have dll extensions!

Respond in a clear and concise way and I will try to help you....if you
can't do that and focus long enough to appreciate plus understand the
help that someone is trying to give you then go solve the problem on
your own and quit wasting my and others time.

Civixsi

Re: SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid windows image

I don't think your hostile response is necessary or needed, regardless
what forum it is. Anyone that has any useful advice I would appreciate
greatly!