Using Easy Transfer

PDSmithy

Using Easy Transfer
When I use Windows Easy Transfer am I removing the files from the old
computer and putting them on the new one? Or am I just copying the files on
the old and putting new copies on the new computer?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Using Easy Transfer
Backing up and restoring - or copying and compressing then uncompressing and
copying ... but the essential answer is that the original files stay where
they are. They are neither moved nor destroyed in the process.

"PDSmithy" <PDSmithy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I use Windows Easy Transfer am I removing the files from the old
> computer and putting them on the new one? Or am I just copying the files
> on
> the old and putting new copies on the new computer?

propman

Re: Using Easy Transfer
Richard G. Harper wrote:
> Backing up and restoring - or copying and compressing then uncompressing
> and copying ... but the essential answer is that the original files stay
> where they are. They are neither moved nor destroyed in the process.

One hope's anyways......<grin>

Mick Murphy

RE: Using Easy Transfer
Copying only! Original files are NOT removed!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"PDSmithy" wrote:

> When I use Windows Easy Transfer am I removing the files from the old
> computer and putting them on the new one? Or am I just copying the files on
> the old and putting new copies on the new computer?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Using Easy Transfer
One knows. :-)

"propman" <propman@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>> Backing up and restoring - or copying and compressing then uncompressing
>> and copying ... but the essential answer is that the original files stay
>> where they are. They are neither moved nor destroyed in the process.
>>

> One hope's anyways......<grin>

PDSmithy

RE: Using Easy Transfer
Thanks. Can I transfer them all to an external drive and then only transfer
the ones I really want on the 2nd computer?

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Copying only! Original files are NOT removed!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "PDSmithy" wrote:
>
> > When I use Windows Easy Transfer am I removing the files from the old
> > computer and putting them on the new one? Or am I just copying the files on
> > the old and putting new copies on the new computer?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Using Easy Transfer
Nope. It's all or nothing. You could delete unwanted files afterwards,
though.

news6589A1D-F6DC-4981-9DFF-859AC42EE139@microsoft.com...