Can't start Money

Marty

Can't start Money
I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i need
to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same problem.
not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be a problem.
Malke

Re: Can't start Money
Marty wrote:

> I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
> Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i
> need to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same
> problem. not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be
> a problem.

Is the version of Money you have compatible with Vista? Check on its
website. You also might want to post in the Money newsgroup:

microsoft.public.money

The Money experts there should be able to help you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Marty

Re: Can't start Money
it's vista compatible

"Malke" wrote:

> Marty wrote:
>
> > I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
> > Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i
> > need to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same
> > problem. not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be
> > a problem.

> Is the version of Money you have compatible with Vista? Check on its
> website. You also might want to post in the Money newsgroup:
>
> microsoft.public.money
>
> The Money experts there should be able to help you.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

cqui3

Re: Can't start Money

Also install/open as XP xompatible. Worth trying. It works for Money 2005

"Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> a écrit dans le message de
> Marty wrote:
>
>> I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
>> Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i
>> need to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same
>> problem. not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't
>> be
>> a problem.

> Is the version of Money you have compatible with Vista? Check on its
> website. You also might want to post in the Money newsgroup:
>
> microsoft.public.money
>
> The Money experts there should be able to help you.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

John Inzer

Re: Can't start Money
Marty wrote:
> I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to
> install Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open
> it says i need to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my
> documents same problem. not sure what to do i'm running as the admin
> so that shouldn't be a problem.

======================================
I don't know if it applies to your version but the latest
Vista compatibility update includes MS Money.

(947562) May 2008 Windows Vista and Windows
Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947562/en-us

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

mikeyhsd

Re: Can't start Money
believe it has to be installed using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
locate the install file on the cd, right click and select run as administrator.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6176BBEC-C115-47E4-8BBD-7B53ED9F3788@microsoft.com...
I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i need
to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same problem.
not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be a problem.
Curious

Re: Can't start Money
What do you mean by "tried installing in my documented"?
You should be installing it in Program Files.
"Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
> Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i
> need
> to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same problem.
> not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be a
> problem.

propman

Re: Can't start Money

Curious...why does it have to be installed in the "Program Files"
directory.....doesn't the setup program allow installation anywhere the
installer wants to put on their hard drive(s)?

Be pretty weird in this and age if it did, IMHO. :-)

Curious wrote:
> What do you mean by "tried installing in my documented"?
> You should be installing it in Program Files.
> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
>> Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i
>> need
>> to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same
>> problem.
>> not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be a
>> problem.

Curious

Re: Can't start Money
It does not have to be but it certainly should not be installed in a
individual users my documents folder. Applications need to be installed in
folders available to all users,