Deleted graphics driver

jim

Deleted graphics driver
Microsoft update installed new graphics driver and my lcd monitor didn't likr
it. Well, I deleted driver and now I have no screen, just blank after POST.
How can I restore old driver. I am using vista premium on duo-core HP with
Viewsonic LCD monitor.
DL

Re: Deleted graphics driver
Do you have am MS Vista disk or simply a recovery disk?

"jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft update installed new graphics driver and my lcd monitor didn't
> likr
> it. Well, I deleted driver and now I have no screen, just blank after
> POST.
> How can I restore old driver. I am using vista premium on duo-core HP with
> Viewsonic LCD monitor.

Curious

Re: Deleted graphics driver
Jim,
Boot into safemode. Download and install the latest driver from the card
vendors website and then try booting in normal mode.

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> Do you have am MS Vista disk or simply a recovery disk?
>
> "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Microsoft update installed new graphics driver and my lcd monitor didn't
>> likr
>> it. Well, I deleted driver and now I have no screen, just blank after
>> POST.
>> How can I restore old driver. I am using vista premium on duo-core HP
>> with
>> Viewsonic LCD monitor.

jim

Re: Deleted graphics driver
I tried booting in to safe mode , the windows welcome screen shows then the
screen goes black with just the mouse arrow showing. This is a new computer
for me and I don't have the origional vista disks. Although HP does have a
disk d to recover but I cannot get into the windows screen at all.

"Curious" wrote:

> Jim,
> Boot into safemode. Download and install the latest driver from the card
> vendors website and then try booting in normal mode.

Curious

Re: Deleted graphics driver
Since safe mode does not boot you probably have to do a complete new
installation/restore with your recovery disks. Call HP for assistance.