when the disk is put in...

Pasha

when the disk is put in...
when i insert my windows vista update disk, the computer reads it then ejects
it with no error message or anything. i installed XP on in a few days ago and
activated but didnt register it. i figured that this was happening because i
didnt register it but now i cant find where to register the XP. HELP!
--
thanks, Pasha
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: when the disk is put in...
Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
and hit enter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Pasha" wrote:

when i insert my windows vista update disk, the computer reads it then ejects
it with no error message or anything. i installed XP on in a few days ago and
activated but didnt register it. i figured that this was happening because i
didnt register it but now i cant find where to register the XP. HELP!
--
thanks, Pasha
Pasha

Re: when the disk is put in...
thank you but when i do that after i go through a few things and click next
after getting my product identification number it starts to register my
computer then an error comes up saying "RegWizExe has encountered a problem
and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." help
--
thanks, Pasha

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
> and hit enter.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast

> "Pasha" wrote:
>
> when i insert my windows vista update disk, the computer reads it then ejects
> it with no error message or anything. i installed XP on in a few days ago and
> activated but didnt register it. i figured that this was happening because i
> didnt register it but now i cant find where to register the XP. HELP!
> --
> thanks, Pasha

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: when the disk is put in...

"Pasha" <Pasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD957CB1-8FE5-4101-96BA-944C4B960961@microsoft.com...
> when i insert my windows vista update disk, the computer reads it then ejects
> it with no error message or anything. i installed XP on in a few days ago and
> activated but didnt register it. i figured that this was happening because i
> didnt register it but now i cant find where to register the XP. HELP!
> --
> thanks, Pasha

Registration is not necessary... only activation.

There's another 'issue'.

Chong Woo Paig

Re: when the disk is put in...
Pasha a écrit :
> when i insert my windows vista update disk, the computer reads it then ejects
> it with no error message or anything. i installed XP on in a few days ago and
> activated but didnt register it. i figured that this was happening because i
> didnt register it but now i cant find where to register the XP. HELP!

The Vista upgrade disk is likely to be a DVD, and I suspect you have a
CD-ROM reader?