Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

David

Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
30, 2008,

forcing users to shift to Vista.

Don't let that happen !

please go to the link below

and sign the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
all your

friends; everywhere

Thanks;

About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
signed the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

PS:

Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP being FASTER than
Vista.

http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...am-office.html

- so Please, help save Windows XP

Thanks

olfart

Re: Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

"David" <mcdonald606a@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
> 30, 2008,
>
> forcing users to shift to Vista.
>

> Don't let that happen !
>

> please go to the link below
>
> and sign the petition to Save Windows XP.
>

> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
>

> After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
> all your
>
> friends; everywhere
>

> Thanks;
>

> About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
> signed the petition to Save Windows XP.
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
>

> PS:
>
> Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"
>
> http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html
>

> and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP being FASTER than
> Vista.
>

> http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...am-office.html
>

> - so Please, help save Windows XP
>
> Thanks

Don't waste your time and effort
MS doesn't make money supporting old OS's. They get rich supplying new OS's
no matter how crappy they may be.
XP is very good. But so was the '57 Chevy

John Holmes

Re: Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking
Steven "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> well with everyone using a unsupported windows os over time it becomes
> old and more hackable

Tell us one hack you found. Just one.

--
Your mother was an apologetic animal handler who flirted outrageously in a
closely guarded military establishment.

sittingduck

David wrote:

> Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
> 30, 2008,

So get a copy now, and don't lose it. Create an ISO and slipstream your
favorite service packs, updates etc. into it with nLite.
http://www.nliteos.com/

> forcing users to shift to Vista.

Only those too helpless to find XP elsewhere.

--
http://improve-usenet.org
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

"olfart" <olfart65@excite.com> wrote

> Don't waste your time and effort

And what would you be trying to prove with such a request?

> MS doesn't make money supporting old OS's.

Quite the contrary. "Support" isn't the issue.

My local Fry's software department manager, whom I see weekly,
told me that he sold more copies of XP Home and Pro (retail box
coupled with OEM envelopes) since the release of Vista, than he
did in the 2 years prior. I personally bought at least one XP OS
each month since the VISTA release, and ALL of my build clients
but one _requested_ XP. That's almost 30 copies of XP that I am
personally responsible for in the past 16 months. I also think that
if you have a go at asking HP and Dell customer support, you will
find a staggering amout of refunded $$ for VISTA buyers to revert
to XP.

> They get rich supplying new OS's

Right... to the big 'box' companies... at slightly reduced rates.

DM

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Steven" <NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message...

> well with everyone using a unsupported windows os over time it becomes old
> and more hackable

Wrong... people lose interest and stop bothering with hacking the old crap.

"Old" is irrelevant except where speed is concerned, which really doesn't
affect the OS itself.

DM

Save Windows XP.
http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

rjdriver

Re: Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

"David" <mcdonald606a@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
> 30, 2008,
>
> forcing users to shift to Vista.
>

> Don't let that happen !
>

> please go to the link below
>
> and sign the petition to Save Windows XP.
>

> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
>

> After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
> all your
>
> friends; everywhere
>

> Thanks;
>

> About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
> signed the petition to Save Windows XP.
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
>

> PS:
>
> Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"
>
> http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html
>

> and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP being FASTER than
> Vista.
>

> http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...am-office.html
>

> - so Please, help save Windows XP
>
> Thanks

The petition won't stop MS. Vote with your wallet. Just skip Vista.

Do you really need Microsoft's "support" to continue using XP? Users
don't like it. If it wasn't for DX10, few gamers would be upgrading. It's
a DRM nightmare, and a memory hog. Businesses are not switching. Even
software developers are not starting to write for Vista in any great
numbers.

Vista will soon become known as the next Windows 2000. And if MS makes
good on it's threat to make Windows 7 (Vista's successor) a subscription
only operating system, XP will soon become known as the Last Great Windows
Operating System. Buy a copy before the end of June and stick it away for
your next system build, or to replace whatever comes with your next computer
if you don't build your own.

Bob

Phillips

Re: Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking
Bet MS and Intel will work out a scheme to make XP obsolete hardware wise...
pray they will not force you to go subscription only (or Linux, of course)
after Vista... Nehalem is almost here.
Michael

"rjdriver" <rjdriversNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
newsqcZj.909$7k1.741@newsfe24.lga...

> "David" <mcdonald606a@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
>> 30, 2008,
>>
>> forcing users to shift to Vista.
>>

>> Don't let that happen !
>>

>> please go to the link below
>>
>> and sign the petition to Save Windows XP.
>>

>> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
>>

>> After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
>> all your
>>
>> friends; everywhere
>>

>> Thanks;
>>

>> About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
>> signed the petition to Save Windows XP.
>>
>> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/
>>

>> PS:
>>
>> Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"
>>
>> http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html
>>

>> and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP being FASTER than
>> Vista.
>>

>> http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...am-office.html
>>

>> - so Please, help save Windows XP
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> The petition won't stop MS. Vote with your wallet. Just skip Vista.
>
> Do you really need Microsoft's "support" to continue using XP? Users
> don't like it. If it wasn't for DX10, few gamers would be upgrading.
> It's a DRM nightmare, and a memory hog. Businesses are not switching.
> Even software developers are not starting to write for Vista in any great
> numbers.
>
> Vista will soon become known as the next Windows 2000. And if MS makes
> good on it's threat to make Windows 7 (Vista's successor) a subscription
> only operating system, XP will soon become known as the Last Great Windows
> Operating System. Buy a copy before the end of June and stick it away for
> your next system build, or to replace whatever comes with your next
> computer if you don't build your own.
>

> Bob

David

On May 20, 3:53 pm, "olfart" <olfar...@excite.com> wrote:
> "David" <mcdonald6...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
> > 30, 2008,

> > forcing users to shift to Vista.

> > Don't let that happen !

> > please go to the link below

> > and sign the petition to Save Windows XP.

> >http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

> > After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
> > all your

> > friends; everywhere

> > Thanks;

> > About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
> > signed the petition to Save Windows XP.

> >http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

> > PS:

> > Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"

> >http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

> > and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP being FASTER than
> > Vista.

> >http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...vista-w2gb-ram...

> > - so Please, help save Windows XP

> > Thanks

Why Vista Is Failing Part II: It's Slow And Expensive

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/4/w...ular_mechanics

NotMe

Re: Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

"rjdriver"

| The petition won't stop MS. Vote with your wallet. Just skip Vista.
|
| Do you really need Microsoft's "support" to continue using XP? Users
| don't like it. If it wasn't for DX10, few gamers would be upgrading.
It's
| a DRM nightmare, and a memory hog. Businesses are not switching. Even
| software developers are not starting to write for Vista in any great
| numbers.
|
| Vista will soon become known as the next Windows 2000. And if MS makes
| good on it's threat to make Windows 7 (Vista's successor) a subscription
| only operating system, XP will soon become known as the Last Great Windows
| Operating System. Buy a copy before the end of June and stick it away for
| your next system build, or to replace whatever comes with your next
computer
| if you don't build your own.
|

| Bob

Vista. MS finally found a way to make XP look good.