'Repair' opetion does not show up after upgraded to Vista Ultimate

WishIknow

'Repair' opetion does not show up after upgraded to Vista Ultimate
I upgraded from clean-installed vista Business to Ultimate using a full
version of Ultimate but had some problems e.g. some media progrmas can not
show video picture, MS Media palyer works fine though. So I ran the Utlimate
progrm disk again but it still comes out as 'upgrade', no 'reapir' option. I
ran the 'upgrade' optin again anyway but the video program probelmes still
persist. Why the Repair option does not show up when I run the program disk
again? Has anybody had similar problems?
Mick Murphy

RE: 'Repair' opetion does not show up after upgraded to Vista Ultimate
You have to set your BIOS to make your CD/DVD drive 1st in the boot order.
You are trying to run it from within Windows, which is the upgrade path.

Have the Vista DVD in the Drive, reboot, and follow installation
instructions, including deleting the existing vista partition.

Back up all data, as everything will be lost!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"WishIknow" wrote:

> I upgraded from clean-installed vista Business to Ultimate using a full
> version of Ultimate but had some problems e.g. some media progrmas can not
> show video picture, MS Media palyer works fine though. So I ran the Utlimate
> progrm disk again but it still comes out as 'upgrade', no 'reapir' option. I
> ran the 'upgrade' optin again anyway but the video program probelmes still
> persist. Why the Repair option does not show up when I run the program disk
> again? Has anybody had similar problems?

WishIknow

RE: 'Repair' option does not show up after upgraded to Vista Ulti
Thanks for the tip - but I only want to repair Vista Ultimate OS and do not
want to reinstall many application programs installed already. I ran the
installation DVD from the start up (not within Windows) but 'Repair' options
do not have the opetion of epair OS from the disk! Is there any way to save
installed application programs and data and reistall the Vista Ultimate?
WishIknow.