Deleting System Volume Information contents in Vista

User66

Deleting System Volume Information contents in Vista
Is there any way the user or Administrator can
Delete System Volume Information contents in Vista?
If so how? Appreciate suggestions and comments.
Rick Rogers

Re: Deleting System Volume Information contents in Vista
Disable it from monitoring a volume and the points will be removed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"User66" <user66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way the user or Administrator can Delete System Volume
> Information contents in Vista?
> If so how? Appreciate suggestions and comments.

User66

Re: Deleting System Volume Information contents in Vista
Thanks for the info, but how do I view 'Monitoring a Volume'?
Seems like, since I am not using any password to log in, do I still
have something to clean up in the system volume information?

> Disable it from monitoring a volume and the points will be removed.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "User66" <user66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any way the user or Administrator can Delete System Volume
>> Information contents in Vista?
>> If so how? Appreciate suggestions and comments.

Rick Rogers

Re: Deleting System Volume Information contents in Vista
Hi,

By "monitoring a volume", it's meant to discern any volume where system
restore is active. Click start and type 'control system' and hit enter.
Click on the line at left for system protection. This will open the system
restore properties. If a volume is checked, then it is being monitored.
Unchecking it and applying will erase points for that volume.

--

> Thanks for the info, but how do I view 'Monitoring a Volume'?
> Seems like, since I am not using any password to log in, do I still
> have something to clean up in the system volume information?

>> Disable it from monitoring a volume and the points will be removed.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "User66" <user66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there any way the user or Administrator can Delete System Volume
>>> Information contents in Vista?
>>> If so how? Appreciate suggestions and comments.

User66

Re: Deleting System Volume Information contents in Vista
Thank you so much. I went through as you described.
Thanks again.