Windows Media Player 11 - Problems with some media

Marv

Windows Media Player 11 - Problems with some media
I just installed Windows Vista with Player 11. Out of the box it was ok with
audio files. The first time I tried to play a DVD I was informed that
additional software was required. I was redirected to the store where I
could buy the plug-in for DVDs. The first one that I bought had botched up
colors on screen. After installing the cyberlink version I found that the
menus on the DVDs when viewed full-screen were botched up as far as color.
Their response to my inquiry was that it was a Microsoft problem. I've also
seen that the TV shows on AOL video will not play. XP's player was better
and simpler.

My question: Please let me know what I need to do to fix the DVD and online
video incompatibilities. Thanks!
Marv

RE: Windows Media Player 11 - Problems with some media
The color issue was resolved by going to Window Update and finding a new
driver for my video card. The issue around the AOL TV shows was not affected
and is still a problem. Videos that utilize the Flash player embedded work
just fine. I'd like to know if anywone has resolved that. TIA