VISTA won't install on new machine.

JimDandy51

VISTA won't install on new machine.

I am trying a new install on a new machine. I have 2 WD 250 GB drives.
When VISTA installs it tells me the first drive is not recognized as
boot drive and won't load. I tried to install on second drive and get a
error message about a volume does not meet VISTA criteria (or something
like that)and won't install. These are both brand new drives. Both
drives are correctly identified in the BIOS. Any suggestion would be
appreciated.

--
JimDandy51
tom

Re: VISTA won't install on new machine.
JimDandy51 wrote:
> I am trying a new install on a new machine. I have 2 WD 250 GB drives.
> When VISTA installs it tells me the first drive is not recognized as
> boot drive and won't load. I tried to install on second drive and get a
> error message about a volume does not meet VISTA criteria (or something
> like that)and won't install. These are both brand new drives. Both
> drives are correctly identified in the BIOS. Any suggestion would be
> appreciated.

did you set up the Drive with MAXBLAST 5 ?
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"JimDandy51" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:7272670c9fd8811e6b9eadbca792b0a3@nntp-gateway.com...

> I am trying a new install on a new machine. I have 2 WD 250 GB drives.
> When VISTA installs it tells me the first drive is not recognized as
> boot drive and won't load. I tried to install on second drive and get a
> error message about a volume does not meet VISTA criteria (or something
> like that)and won't install. These are both brand new drives. Both
> drives are correctly identified in the BIOS. Any suggestion would be
> appreciated.
>

> --
> JimDandy51

VISTA, also affectionately known as 'The Suck Machine,' has a proprietary
partitioning system and must be the source for formatting the new drives.

DM

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
> "JimDandy51" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:7272670c9fd8811e6b9eadbca792b0a3@nntp-gateway.com...
>> I am trying a new install on a new machine. I have 2 WD 250 GB drives.
>> When VISTA installs it tells me the first drive is not recognized as
>> boot drive and won't load. I tried to install on second drive and get a
>> error message about a volume does not meet VISTA criteria (or something
>> like that)and won't install. These are both brand new drives. Both
>> drives are correctly identified in the BIOS. Any suggestion would be
>> appreciated.
>>

>> --
>> JimDandy51

> VISTA, also affectionately known as 'The Suck Machine,' has a proprietary
> partitioning system and must be the source for formatting the new drives.
>
> DM

I am New to Vista, I just installed Home on a Hard drive that I used
MAXBLAST to PARTITION and Format. Vista DIDNOT repartition and Format
the drive again