Installing Adobe Flash Player to Internet Explorer in Vista

Cherrie

Installing Adobe Flash Player to Internet Explorer in Vista
Embarrassed to say I have been reading community posts and trying to install
flash player to IE for over a year now. I have tried the uninstall,
reinstall etc...even having somebody walk me through checking the registry.

I am running VISTA. I can download Mozilla Firefox and download Flash
Player to it without a hitch. Even after uninstalling it, I can NEVER
successfully install Flash to IE in Vista.

I need very simple, basic, step by step instructions. Pretend I'm retarded.
Bogey Man

Re: Installing Adobe Flash Player to Internet Explorer in Vista

"Cherrie" <Cherrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Embarrassed to say I have been reading community posts and trying to
> install
> flash player to IE for over a year now. I have tried the uninstall,
> reinstall etc...even having somebody walk me through checking the
> registry.
>
> I am running VISTA. I can download Mozilla Firefox and download Flash
> Player to it without a hitch. Even after uninstalling it, I can NEVER
> successfully install Flash to IE in Vista.
>
> I need very simple, basic, step by step instructions. Pretend I'm
> retarded.

You may have to uninstall the flash player entirely which would of course
uninstall the flash player for Firefox. Take a look around Adobe for
solutions to your problem and pose a question to their support staff
concerning this. I have read in a few places that the latest version of
Flash has problems with IE7. I for one can't play video full screen even
though I can play flash in the small window that usually is presented. I can
play the same video full screen using Firefox with the latest version of
Flash without a problem......go figure.

Good luck
--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy and past my best before date

Cherrie

Re: Installing Adobe Flash Player to Internet Explorer in Vista
I've tried uninstalling it entirely (before I ever installed firefox in the
first place) and I've tried the fixes at Adobe's site. I wasn't successful
actually getting any responses to posts or to trying to contact adobe
directly (since, it falls into the category of them not offering much support
for the free downloads).

Cherrie