Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate

Oahuyahoo

Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate
I want to upgrade my vista basic to vista ultimate but the disc will not let
me do it. I can do a clean install but I'm not favoring that option. What
am I doing wrong?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate
To upgrade, start up Vista Basic, then insert the DVD and run the upgrade
from within Vista.

"Oahuyahoo" <Oahuyahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news2719E02-8A61-445F-9086-0727EA709851@microsoft.com...
>I want to upgrade my vista basic to vista ultimate but the disc will not
>let
> me do it. I can do a clean install but I'm not favoring that option.
> What
> am I doing wrong?

Oahuyahoo

Re: Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate
Will not allow me to do it, only a clean install. Am I missing an update or
service pack that requires it?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> To upgrade, start up Vista Basic, then insert the DVD and run the upgrade
> from within Vista.

> "Oahuyahoo" <Oahuyahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news2719E02-8A61-445F-9086-0727EA709851@microsoft.com...
> >I want to upgrade my vista basic to vista ultimate but the disc will not
> >let
> > me do it. I can do a clean install but I'm not favoring that option.
> > What
> > am I doing wrong?

David P

Re: Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate
That may be the only option. You may have to back up your documents, etc,
do a clean install, then reinstall your programs. Time consuming, I know,
but in the past a clean install has been considered to be best.

> Will not allow me to do it, only a clean install. Am I missing an update
> or
> service pack that requires it?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> To upgrade, start up Vista Basic, then insert the DVD and run the upgrade
>> from within Vista.

>> "Oahuyahoo" <Oahuyahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news2719E02-8A61-445F-9086-0727EA709851@microsoft.com...
>> >I want to upgrade my vista basic to vista ultimate but the disc will not
>> >let
>> > me do it. I can do a clean install but I'm not favoring that option.
>> > What
>> > am I doing wrong?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate
You're not trying to upgrade Basic SP1 to Ultimate original release are you?

"Oahuyahoo" <Oahuyahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will not allow me to do it, only a clean install. Am I missing an update
> or
> service pack that requires it?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> To upgrade, start up Vista Basic, then insert the DVD and run the upgrade
>> from within Vista.

>> "Oahuyahoo" <Oahuyahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news2719E02-8A61-445F-9086-0727EA709851@microsoft.com...
>> >I want to upgrade my vista basic to vista ultimate but the disc will not
>> >let
>> > me do it. I can do a clean install but I'm not favoring that option.
>> > What
>> > am I doing wrong?

LVTravel

Re: Upgrading Vista basic to Vista Ultimate
Saw this from later post from Carey. Interesting about how to upgrade from
Vista 32 to 64. According to the document they want you to uninstall V-32,
install XP then start the upgrade from the Vista DVD.

Read the whole document: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795

..