Can't load vista PLEASE HELP dual boot

Waddi

Can't load vista PLEASE HELP dual boot

Ok so my problem is that i downloaded a gaming addition of windows xp so
i can play games like crysis while still having vista i put it onto a
disk restarted my computer went into bios set it to disk restarted it
loaded installed then it started installing my keyboard and mouse after
that it stopped working everytime so i couldnt do anything else at all i
tried this 6 times before i finally gave up so i went back into bios to
set it to hardrive but it still loads XP not vista i tried putting the
vista disk in then loading from disc IT STILL LOADED XP i cannot get
onto my vista os anyone help because i also can't get onto xp because my
keyboard and mouse stop working.

--
Waddi
mikeyhsd

Re: Can't load vista PLEASE HELP dual boot
you need to boot from the vista DVD and use is repair tools to fix your startup.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Waddi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:fe89e8678c5ff7ac87ea8f375ccdb6d5@nntp-gateway.com...

Ok so my problem is that i downloaded a gaming addition of windows xp so
i can play games like crysis while still having vista i put it onto a
disk restarted my computer went into bios set it to disk restarted it
loaded installed then it started installing my keyboard and mouse after
that it stopped working everytime so i couldnt do anything else at all i
tried this 6 times before i finally gave up so i went back into bios to
set it to hardrive but it still loads XP not vista i tried putting the
vista disk in then loading from disc IT STILL LOADED XP i cannot get
onto my vista os anyone help because i also can't get onto xp because my
keyboard and mouse stop working.

--
Waddi
Waddi

Re: Can't load vista PLEASE HELP dual boot

I said in my post that when i put the vista disk and set my computer to
load from the disc in still loads vista and starts installing the
keyboard and mouse again then it doesnt work.

--
Waddi
JW

Re: Can't load vista PLEASE HELP dual boot
If using a USB keyboard and mouse do you have a PS2 keyboard and mouse you
can try?

> I said in my post that when i put the vista disk and set my computer to
> load from the disc in still loads vista and starts installing the
> keyboard and mouse again then it doesnt work.
>

> --
> Waddi

mikeyhsd

Re: Can't load vista PLEASE HELP dual boot
you boot from the dvd not run it.
instead of selecting to install, select the REPAIR option.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com