opening Vista

tom

opening Vista
I purchased Vista, Formated My hard drive. Grabbed the plastic container
that contained the Vista CD, Studied the container for 15 minutes. HOW
DO I OPEN this Container? .. I see tape on the top, so I peal off the
tape, Still Cannot get it open, So I see this Slot for a Screwdrive , I
Turn the slot, STILL cannot get into this BOX, So I put the box in my
DRILL PRESS and Drill out this Slot, Still the box will not open, But I
finaaly Succeeded , With My DRUMMEL and an Cutting Wheel, I Cut the Box
In HALF, Remove the Ce and install VISTA Flawlessly.. But there Sure
must be an Easier Way to open the PLASTIC BOX, as there is No Direction
to be found.. Microsoft may Some day put out a Video on HOW to OPEN
those PLASTIC BOXES Easier
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: opening Vista
Opening the Windows Vista box:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e62a21033.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Opening the Windows Vista box:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e62a21033.mspx

I had no way of seeing this Site , Because I had already Formated my
Drive, So this leaves me with No internet Access. It is Typical of
microsoft... If a person cannot connect to the WEB, Their Solution is To
DOWNLOAD A PATCH.
I tried that. I pulled the RED tape Right out of the Box with a peir
of Pliers.. A friend Now tells me I needed to push TWO TABS toward the
top of the Box.Which the url Does not Show... My friend must Be NUTS .
Always remember if You Cannot Connect to the WEB , You can get your
Solution by Connecting to WWW.Microsoft.com.
DevilsPGD

Re: opening Vista
In message <0s6Wj.386$qH4.240@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com> tom
<tom@blowfish.us> wrote:

>I purchased Vista, Formated My hard drive. Grabbed the plastic container
>that contained the Vista CD, Studied the container for 15 minutes. HOW
>DO I OPEN this Container?

If you can't manage to open the container, you might do better by
returning your PC, instead purchase a TV and look for reality TV.
DevilsPGD

Re: opening Vista
In message <Eb8Wj.397$qH4.258@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com> tom
<tom@blowfish.us> wrote:

>Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> Opening the Windows Vista box:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e62a21033.mspx
>>

> I had no way of seeing this Site , Because I had already Formated my
>Drive, So this leaves me with No internet Access.

Why would you format? You are aware that every Windows installer since
NT4 (and probably earlier) can format discs during installation, no?

>It is Typical of
>microsoft... If a person cannot connect to the WEB, Their Solution is To
>DOWNLOAD A PATCH.

No download required.
tom

Re: opening Vista
DevilsPGD wrote:
> In message <Eb8Wj.397$qH4.258@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com> tom
> <tom@blowfish.us> wrote:
>
>> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>>> Opening the Windows Vista box:
>>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e62a21033.mspx
>>>

>> I had no way of seeing this Site , Because I had already Formated my
>> Drive, So this leaves me with No internet Access.

> Why would you format? You are aware that every Windows installer since
> NT4 (and probably earlier) can format discs during installation, no?
>
>> It is Typical of
>> microsoft... If a person cannot connect to the WEB, Their Solution is To
>> DOWNLOAD A PATCH.

> No download required.

Forgot to mention I FDISKED the drive before Formating. Then Wrote ZERO
to the drive.

tom

Re: opening Vista
DevilsPGD wrote:
> In message <0s6Wj.386$qH4.240@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com> tom
> <tom@blowfish.us> wrote:
>
>> I purchased Vista, Formated My hard drive. Grabbed the plastic container
>> that contained the Vista CD, Studied the container for 15 minutes. HOW
>> DO I OPEN this Container?

> If you can't manage to open the container, you might do better by
> returning your PC, instead purchase a TV and look for reality TV.

You need to Take up Reading Classes. I did say I managed to open the
Case Via a Drummel. So why are u insinuating that I did not get the Case
open ?
The PC is 10 years old .
Bruce Chambers

Re: opening Vista
tom wrote:
> I purchased Vista, Formated My hard drive. Grabbed the plastic container
> that contained the Vista CD, Studied the container for 15 minutes. HOW
> DO I OPEN this Container? .. I see tape on the top, so I peal off the
> tape, Still Cannot get it open, So I see this Slot for a Screwdrive , I
> Turn the slot, STILL cannot get into this BOX, So I put the box in my
> DRILL PRESS and Drill out this Slot, Still the box will not open, But I
> finaaly Succeeded , With My DRUMMEL and an Cutting Wheel, I Cut the Box
> In HALF, Remove the Ce and install VISTA Flawlessly.. But there Sure
> must be an Easier Way to open the PLASTIC BOX, as there is No Direction
> to be found.. Microsoft may Some day put out a Video on HOW to OPEN
> those PLASTIC BOXES Easier

The directions, with pictures, are clearly printed on every retail
Vista package that I've seen, to date. Did you purchase from a
non-standard source?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
tom

Re: opening Vista
Bruce Chambers wrote:
> tom wrote:
>> I purchased Vista, Formated My hard drive. Grabbed the plastic
>> container that contained the Vista CD, Studied the container for 15
>> minutes. HOW DO I OPEN this Container? .. I see tape on the top, so I
>> peal off the tape, Still Cannot get it open, So I see this Slot for a
>> Screwdrive , I Turn the slot, STILL cannot get into this BOX, So I put
>> the box in my DRILL PRESS and Drill out this Slot, Still the box will
>> not open, But I finaaly Succeeded , With My DRUMMEL and an Cutting
>> Wheel, I Cut the Box In HALF, Remove the Ce and install VISTA
>> Flawlessly.. But there Sure must be an Easier Way to open the PLASTIC
>> BOX, as there is No Direction to be found.. Microsoft may Some day put
>> out a Video on HOW to OPEN those PLASTIC BOXES Easier

> The directions, with pictures, are clearly printed on every retail
> Vista package that I've seen, to date. Did you purchase from a
> non-standard source?

Best BUY I looked and looked at the case .. and NO PICTURES or Direction
on the CASE.

I am Replying here using XP.. I Reformated and went Back to XP.Via
Backup My PC software. Window 3.1 Graphic were Better then the Vista
graphics. menu's were Easier.. Heck.. Win 95 was better arranged as far
as menuvering thru menue's

My Guardian Angel was trying to direct me NOT to USE or Try VISTA.
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: opening Vista

"tom" <tom@blowfish.us> wrote in message...

> My Guardian Angel was trying to direct me NOT to USE or Try VISTA.

Obviously you should have listened.